Finding Eachother

-Maya-
    Her chocolate eyes met mine for just half a second before her eyes darted away from mine. It was such a small amount of time, but it still filled my stomach with butterflies that wouldn't settle. My heart raced at the thought of her. "Hey dyke, keep your eyes on your work, not my women." Lucas shoved the back of my head, and the whole class laughed. Even her, it wasn't a full laugh but more of a nervous chuckle and it gave me hope. "Now now settle down class you'll excite the dyke." Lucas chimed again, and this time I smiled. Not because I enjoy Lucas's endless taunting, but it was because she didn't laugh.

    The whole class was guffawing, she cleared her throat, "I don't think dyke's a bad thing. Maya's a really good person, she's certainly a lot better than those of you who make fun of her." She stood from her desk and walked over to me. I was in awe, what was she doing? This was social suicide! Lucas gulped, "What are you doing Riley? Sit back down, or..." He was at a loss for words, Lucas has been in love with Riley since 1st grade. I stood up next to Riley, muttering a soft thank you, "What are you gonna do Lucas? You gonna call the girl you love a dyke? You gonna hurt her?" Lucas's eyes narrowed at me and he scowled, "Yeah, if she wants to defend the dyke then she's a dyke," he turned to the rest of the class, "Hey everybody! Riley decided to stand up for the dyke so let's let her know how much of a bad decision it was. Hey dykes!"

    Lucas snickered and I grabbed his collar in my fists pushing him up against the wall. "You can break me all you want, but I refuse to let you lay a hand on her. She's too amazing to get treated like crap by someone who says they love her. If you ever think of calling her a dyke again or laying a hand on her. I swear you will be calling for your mommy Lucas, I'm not playing." I spat through gritted teeth, of course with my luck the teacher walked in. "No please don't hurt me! I'll give you all my lunch money!" Lucas pretended to squeal and the teacher pulled me off of him. "Come on Miss Hart, you're coming down to the office with me." Lucas laughed and Riley, who had been standing there watching, grabbed a fistful of his shirt. She pulled him closer and he smirked, he was wrong, she threw her fist back and punched him square in the nose. I laughed as he covered his nose with his hand, you could see the blood dripping onto his hand. The teacher grabbed my arm before reaching for Riley's too. "Class behave, I have to go take these hooligans to the office. And will someone please take Mr. Friar down to the nurse, clean up that blood too." I smiled at Riley as the teacher pulled us out the door.

  "Hey thanks for standing up for me back there." I said while looking down at my hands. We got suspended for today and tomorrow so we were waiting for our parents to show up now. "It was my pleasure Maya. Plus I couldn't let them continue to put dishonor on our name." Her voice was barely audible as she spoke the last part. I smiled and looked up at Riley, "You're Gay?" I questioned tilting my head just slightly to the side, "Um yeah I guess." She gulped as I placed a hand on her knee, just barely letting my pinky graze her thigh. It was enough to make her take in a shaky breath, "Hey it's okay. I know it probably seems scary now, bu-." She cut me off, "You can't do this to me without facing the consequences." Her eyes were on my lips and my heart raced faster. Is she going to kiss me? "Um ma'am, I'm sort of having an emergency, can I go to the bathroom? And Maya needs to help me out. Please ma'am?" Riley thickened her southern roots accent and batted her eyelashes. The lady at the front desk mumbled an okay, but Riley was already standing, pulling me up and towards the bathroom. As soon as we reached the bathroom Riley quickly checked to see if anyone was in there before pushing me up against the wall. I had barely a moment to breathe before her lips were on mine. They were sweet, they tasted like fresh honey in the summertime. It was short, and as she pulled away I switched us. Now she was up against the wall and my lips were on hers. I pulled away smiling, "Maya Penelope Hart, I'm so gay for you. Forever and always."

(A/N)
OMG I UPDATED! This girl I know who's kinda my best friend (also my ex) told me to write her a story. I sent her the first one and by then it was flowing out of me. I'm gonna continue to write for her and just change the names when I post it. I know it's not great, but I mean it's an update! I hope y'all like these new updates to the one-shot book. Feel free to comment suggestions! Also I just wanna say thank you, you guys are the best! Y'all supported me through the darkest times and I really wouldn't be here today if you wouldn't of supported me and showered me in love and compliments. Thank you! You're the best!