Messy Breakups

"I can't do this anymore." I whispered holding my hands in my lap trying not to look up at the girl I was leaving, the girl I loved. I just couldn't handle it right now.
  "Why? What happened? I thought we loved each other!! What's going on Riley?" Maya's words bounced around on the walls surrounding us as she stood up running a hand through her perfectly golden and wavy hair.
"I do love you, I just can't handle a relationship right now, I'm sorry Maya." Her hands were on her head as I looked up to her for understanding, maybe even a little bit of sympathy.
"No, if you loved me you wouldn't be doing this to me," Maya stated raising her voice slightly and pointing at me, her pointed hand trembled.
"I think you need to leave." My voice was shaky and the tears were already falling from my eyes.
"NO! Riley I think you need to understand! I love you!! You are hurting me by doing this, my heart is breaking right now, why can't you stay with me? Was I not GOOD enough?" I saw a tear try and make it's way down her face but she wiped it away before it reached the tip of her nose.
"You were great, I'm just not ready right now, you need to LEAVE!" I shouted, walking to the door and throwing it open, gesturing for her to go. It's quite funny, her grand facade would have fooled anyone into thinking she was really pissed and didn't care what I was thinking. But her eyes betrayed her, her eyes told stories of betrayal, of loss, of remorse, of caring, and of love. I knew she cared, she was just to scared I'd hurt her more if I knew she cared, in a way that was more heartbreaking than leaving her.
"Fine. GoodBye Riley," Maya said grabbing her book bag and storming out of the door, I shut the door behind her. Sinking to my knees I cried replaying the events over in my head, "Why do you have to be such a screwup Riley?" I sobbed, crying into my arms and falling into a most needed sleep.

     I woke up and looked at the clock, it said 5:30 it had to mean A.M. I got up and rubbed my eyes. For a fraction of a second I forgot, I forgot what I did, I forgot the look in her eyes as she left. It all came flooding back and I had to grip onto the couch so I wouldn't fall. Damn. It hurt like hell. Why did I even break up with her in the first place? Because my dumb ass couldn't handle someone bringing up a buried ghost of my past. I wiped away a few stray tears and changed in my room before heading out the door to school.

    I entered the building and I felt myself losing it again, "Her not being with you is ok. You can do this Riley." I whispered, mentally prepping myself for the day ahead. I quickly got some crap from locker and went to my first period Calculus class and sat down. The late bell rang and I pulled out my book tapping my foot. I raised my hand and asked to go to the bathroom because I felt the urge to pee and I walked out into the hall. I looked down the hall thinking about how she was not even minutes away from me, how her class was only 3 doorways down from mine, and then I saw her.

    I didn't realize it was her at first, at first I thought it was just some late girl to first period. Then I recognized her, I remembered the feeling of her lips on mine, my hand in hers, my other hand on her hip or in her hair. I noticed the way she carried herself and I was crushed with a weight greater than the earth herself because she was ok without me. I froze in my spot and she noticed me. It was all in the way she paused, but I could only stare, I wanted to call out to her, I wanted to run over to her and kiss her and tell her it was all a misunderstanding, but my privilege had been taken. It had been taken by me when I chose to end things rather than talk about it, when I let her go over someone who was finished with me a long time ago. She paused and her stance shifted, she bit her lip looking at me and I could feel myself blush, it was all over in a second though. She must've realized what she was doing because she stopped and shifted again before someone came from the class and pulled her into a kiss. I was infuriated and I ran into the bathroom as tears stung my cheek and clouded my vision.  I punched the stall sinking to my knees against the wall. A sob rose in my throat and suffocated me, the tears blinded me and stung my cheeks like acid rain. "I'm so fugging stupid!" I said to myself as I tried to get rid of the tears that were coming.

  -----

    The first three periods sucked more ass than Mrs. Jenkins on New Years. Everyone kept asking about how Maya and I were and it hurt like hell. Because I ended things and she got over me faster than Usain Bolt. It was finally lunchtime. I paid for my lunch and walked out into the courtyard I set my tray down and looked at the crap food the school gives us. Today's wasn't too awful, it was sausage pizza, an apple or celery, and milk so I couldn't complain too much. I took the apple from my tray and I took a bite I looked around the courtyard and laughed at the idiots having a food fight a couple benches away from me. My eyes landed on a certain blonde and I felt a rush surge through me. Without thinking I set my tray down and stormed over to her. She wasn't eating, just reading like she always does. I grabbed her bookmark from beside her and her book, put them together, and set it beside her. She looked up at me in confusion, I pulled her to me and kissed her. She kissed back and I stopped, "That girl could never kiss you and make you feel the things I did." With a smirk on my face I turned and went to walk away, but her hands were on my hips and she stopped me. She turned my around and kissed me. I used my hands to rub circles on her hips and her hands were in my hair. I pulled away, "What about that other girl?" I questioned, gazing into her ocean eyes.
  "Oh Smackle?" She laughed, "She knew about the breakup and she saw me staring at you so she kissed me. Honest to god that was the grossest thing. I felt the need to bathe in holy water after it." She explained, toying with the baby hairs on the back of my neck. "Why'd you do it?" She questioned, staring at my lips and growing into a serious tone, I sighed.
  "I broke up with you because someone brought up Sarah from middle school. I don't think you know this but Sarah hurt me really bad. Like to the point of cutting and crying and losing sleep over her. It was just hard for me to face her and who I was then so I broke up with you instead of talking to you because I was scared." She pulled me into a tight hug.
  "Don't ever do that again, I love you too much for you to hurt me like that again." I kissed her again and I was happy. I knew I would spend the rest of my life with her because I love her, nothing could ever change that.

A/N
Ok guys I'm sorry for not posting more, I've been meaning to it's just harder for me to find time to write nowadays. (I'm sorry about how shitty the ending is too.) Thank you guys so much for 6.6K reads!! I was super pumped when I went to write and it told me how many reads I have. I'm gonna try to put out a little something extra tonight but I don't know if I will finish it in time. Anyway thanks again, I really appreciate everything you guys do for me!