Two Pieces of a Puzzle

-Maya-

How could someone possibly choose between these two people! They are the best two humans I know! Riley and Josh are incredible and if I choose one it will hurt the other! Ok think this through Maya. "Ok Farkle how can I solve this?" He looked up at me from his phone, "Hmm... Lets do a little measurement." He grabbed Zays jelly beans from the table and brought me over to a balance scale. "Ok first of all how did this triangle start?" Memories flashed through my mind like a movie, "Let's start with Josh." Farkle nodded.

"It was a nice day at Riley's house, we were eating a great breakfast when the buzzer sounded, "Hey family let us up! It's Josh. And these two old people that followed me here." Riley and I laughed at the joke as Cory let them up. I finished my oatmeal as he walked in the door in all his glory. "Mmm uncle boing." I whispered, "Maya that's my uncle." I nodded at Riley's comment, "Then we'd be sisters!" She sighed and I saw what looked like disappointment flash through her gorgeous chocolate eyes. I ignored it. I couldn't stop smiling, he really was a pretty boy. "Maya right?" He nodded, "Wow well.. You grew up gorgeous!" He said shyly while scratching the back of his neck. I shivered from his compliment, "Maya stop drooling its starting to pool." Riley said as she lightly pushed my arm, I pretended to be offended as we laughed." Farkle nodded as he jotted down a couple things. "Then Riley." Farkle finished his writing and looked up at me expectantly.

"It was here at Topangas. I realized I had feelings for both of them. It was about a week before Riley sat me down and told me she liked me. "Riley honey please sit you're worrying me." Riley sat down next to me and intertwined our fingers, "This is our Bay Window, it's our safe place like I'm yours and you're mine." I nodded unsurely, "Well umm its pressured me to tell the truth before it gets out in a nasty way. The truth is Maya I haven't been honest." I tilted my head in confusion, "What do you mean Riles?" She sighed an looked at me with her somber brown eyes as she took another shaky breath, "I love you Maya... I don't just love you... I'm in love with you." She looked at me pleadingly, "It's okay darling." I whispered before I pulled her into a small kiss. After we broke apart I kissed her forehead and left out the window unsure of what to do." Farkle underlined something a lot before turning back to me.

"Then As you know Riley and I 'dated' before Josh said he had feelings for me which made this ten times harder. Because I was happy with Riley and when he said that the crush I had came back. I hate it because my decision will hurt one of them, and they were so close and now they might never be close again if I choose. I could loose my best friend who means the world to me. Or I could loose this great guy that's really amazing." Farkle sighed as he set his notes down, "Well let's compare. ZAY COME HERE!" Zay came running from the back room, "What do you need? Wait! Are those my jelly beans?" I chuckled at Zays Childness. "Yes, you can have them back after we figure this out." His face lit up and he licked his lips as he was looking at the jelly beans, "I'm in what's up?"

"We need to help Maya with her triangle." Zay nodded, "Uh-huh, I understand.. So Farkle you know what to do. Let's get this show on the road!" Zay grabbed the purple bag and Farkle the Red. "So who comes to your mind first when you need to talk to someone?" I pondered his question, "Riley. We always have the best conversations, and we fix each other within minutes of being around each other." Zay dropped a purple jelly bean in his side, "But Josh helps me too, he helped me realize that I didn't like Lucas." Farkle dropped a red jelly bean in his side, "Ok so who could you stare at forever and never be bored?"
I stared at the balance, "Riley. Everytime I see her I could stare forever, her eyes show something new every second. Her face is just... I can't list all the things." Zay dropped another jelly bean in his side, "But... The first time I saw Josh I could stare forever, he is a pretty boy." Farkle laughed and dropped another jelly bean, "Who did you like first? Why do you like them both?" I drummed my fingers along the counter, "Josh, I liked Josh first. He came into the house and I liked him because he looked nice, and because he was really awesome to his family. Then Riley.... It was sudden, I was mindlessly searching my thoughts when I thought how amazing Riley looked, how her smile lit up the room and the queazy feeling I got when I talked to her about my feelings." I rambled off, Zay and Farkle looked at eachother and smirked, "Well you like them both right?" I nodded my head, "Guys what's the smirk for?" They turned back to me, "Nothing. But the last question is who could you not survive without." I thought of this for a while, "Umm well Josh, he's amazing, kind, stunning. Riley, she's beautiful, we make eachother better, she's the reason I'm able to stand here today not in some cell. Josh. It's always been Josh, since the beginning." Farkle dropped the bag of jelly beans, "But then my feelings came along, and it's Riley too. Guys I can't choose between them!" Zay dropped his bag and they groaned, "We can't let this go on for ever Maya, Farkle wrote down some notes I totally agree with." Zay gestured to the notepad Farkle scribbled on earlier.

"Maya when you told me about Josh, how you described Riley..... It wasnt in a friendly 'Her gorgeous eyes.' It was, 'Those chocolate orbs that I could get lost in gorgeous.', the way you describe your feelings for Josh it sounds like a girl describing some celebrity they know nothing about but they find them attractive. Like you said when you and Riley are together you're better, that's why no man can choose between you! Because there is not one without the other. You go insane without your Riley rope to tie you down, she goes goody two-shoes without you there to complete her. You two are like puzzle pieces. Without one, nothing's complete." A realization dawned upon me and I pulled my boys into a hug, "Guys I know my decision, but this is going to hurt one of them! I love them both, I don't wanna hurt one." Farkle and Zay rubbed circles on my back, "Yeah but if it goes on any longer it will hurt them worse. You made your decision, go tell the world." I nodded into their shoulders and ran out of Topangas, I knew my destination, I've know since I met her. I stumbled almost falling when I climbed up her fire escape, it wasnt a new thing but everything about this felt special. Like this was the first time I'd done it. I knocked on her window as I caught my breath. She came to the window, shock written across her beautiful face, "Peaches what are yo-" I was in the room my lips on hers before she could finish. I placed my hands on her waist and hers around my neck, I kept it soft and we pulled apart, "What was that for Peaches?" I smiled at Riley, "Because I found my choice, they've been standing infront of me since I came in their window when I was a little kid. We are two pieces of the same puzzle, without one, nothing's complete." She kissed me again, and it was just us. Our lips dancing, our hands tangled in eachothers hair, the slight moan that would bubble out of Riley every now and then. But someone popped our bubble as the door opened, "Hey I came to tell you... Oh.." I heard his voice and I froze, "Josh I'm sorry." I piled away from Riley's grasp and stood infront of him.

He ran up to me and I flinched afraid of being hit, but he engulfed me in a hug, "You made the right choice, you and Riley? You were made for eachother. You and I? We were never meant to be and I understand that. But that's ok, I have my eyes on the new girl in my Courses." He winked at me as I stood there in shock, "By the way. Dinners ready, but it looks like you two are starving after that so see you at the table." He kissed my cheek and I instantly turned red as he left, "So you hungry?" Riley shook her head, "Yeah neither am I, shall we continue where we left off baby girl?" She nodded so quickly I though she would snap her neck as I locked her door and window , "Whatever you want baby girl." I whispered into her ear, "I want you to be my girlfriend." She blurted, I looked up from our now intertwined hands, "Like I said baby girl, anything you want."

(A/N)

Sooooo... What'd you guys think about it? I know it's not that long and it's not the best. But I thought it was kinda cute. It was suggested by @Sarahcarp_gmw thanks for the suggestion! I am open to suggestions! If you suggest something it may take me awhile to write so just letting you know! Hope you liked it!