Dreams (pt1)

Her brown hair sifted through my fingers as I pushed it from her face. She smiled up at me with those big brown eyes. I took my washable marker and drew hearts on her forehead. I noticed her staring at me as I concentrated on perfecting her hearts. In the background our teacher looked at us and shook his head. I smiled back at her and we chuckled. She bit her lip and stared at me. I sat my marker on the table and questioned her. Wondering what was going on in her head. She leaned forward and acted as if she was going to kiss me. "I HAVE A BOYFRIEND!" I blurted out. Riley looked sad. The bell rang. It was too soon. My brain couldn't process what was going on. I dashed out of the room, my backpack wasn't zipped up and my folder fell out as I picked it up I turned around to see her still sitting there. Slowly putting away her things. I turned and ran back into the classroom. Her head turned toward me as I clattered into the classroom. I threw my bag on the floor and grabbed her face. I paused to look into her eyes before my lips were on hers. her lips were chapped yet soft. It felt so right. It felt so real. "Maya! Maya! Maya get up!" I was confused. As I opened my eyes my body felt warm and it tingled with the remnants of Riley's lips on mine. Lucas stood next to my bed. Shaking my shoulders, forcing me to be jolted out of my dreamy state. I sat up and stretched my arms. Lucas pulled me in for a kiss and I kissed him back, yet when I kissed him it felt wrong. It felt like a betrayal to the Riley of my dreams. God what was wrong with me. I love my boyfriend, I'm not gay, but I couldn't get Riley's lips out of my head. I had the sudden urge to see if they really felt that nice when you kissed them. Lucas tried to kiss me again as I got out of bed, but I told him I felt really sick. My lie for the day would be that I was coming down with a cold and didn't want to spread it. However my "lie for the day" turned out to just be the first one I told. As the day started I couldn't help but stare at Riley. Her lips stood out to me in every class we had together. I couldn't stop thinking about my dream. Most of the time I forget my dreams instantly, however everytime I closed my eyes I could feel her lips on mine again. I wanted to hold it in my brain forever, I wanted to remember how she tasted. As the day grew to an end I fed Riles another lie, I told her I needed to practice an act I'm putting on at my moms diner. She agreed and sounded excited about hanging out with me after school. As sad as it was, we had been so caught up in relationships and school that we hadn't visited the bay window in over a week. It saddened me to think about how we've grown apart some. She's still my favorite and my first choice, she will always be, but I wish we spent more time together. After school I practically sprinted to her house. Crawling in through the bay window I sat there planning out my so called skit. I couldn't shake the thoughts of my dream. I needed to know if her lips felt that good against mine. When Riley got home I let her know that it was a skit I was to preform with Lucas, but he was too busy to work on it with me today. She was hesitant when I showed her the script I wrote up, because it had a kiss. I pushed her hair from her face like in the dream and her hair was just as soft. The way she looked at me made me want to kiss her right then and there. Her brown eyes shined in the sunlight and her smile was brighter than that. Finally she agreed to do the kiss for "effect" as I explained it to her. We ran through the script a few times before actually doing a full run through. It was a tacky relationship script, but Riley loved the idea of a really cute couple. Holding her hand felt nice, her palm against mine and our fingers intertwined. I swear on god it was magic. Finally we worked our way to the kiss scene. You could tell she was nervous. I placed her hands on my waist, "It will go like this." I watched as she swallowed her spit and gave me a reassuring smile. I put my hands gently on the sides of her face. Bringing our bodies together I wrapped my arm around the back of her neck. Our noses were touching now, the thrill of being so close to her lips astounded me. We shared our lines and I closed the gap. Her lips against mine. It was like Ben Franklin with a key and a kite. The sparks ignited the all the nerves in my body and chills ran up my spine. It was short but sweet. She broke it off abruptly. "Maya what is this really about?" I was confused. Had I liked it too much, was it that obvious? "What do you mean," I chuckled, "this is about my skit with Lucas for my moms diner." She shook her head. Her brown eyes pierced my gaze. They split my lies apart, "I know you felt it too, I saw your eagerness, how bad you wanted to kiss me. And when we kissed you held me in a different way. You weren't acting like the Maya who has a boyfriend." How did she know. I didn't understand, "What's wrong with that Riles? Is there something wrong with that?" She shook her head at me,"You have no clue how long I've wanted to kiss you Maya, I miss you so much, I love you. But I hate that it can't just be out of real life, you're with Lucas, this can't happen. Now that you've got your taste you'll leave me and I won't see you outside of school for another month!" She was tearing up now, her voice cracked as she spoke. I wanted to hold her. To make it better, but she would let me. I stepped forward to comfort her and she backed away. She sat down on the bay window. "You don't get it Maya, you never will. I've struggled with my feelings for you since middle school, that's why Lucas picked you, he knew I only wanted you. You went with him and I respected that. It tore me up to see you with him. Now I get one kiss and you'll be gone." I understood now. It made sense, how touchy and clingy she was. Thinking back I remember how much I loved it. She was crying now. Her hands tangled in her hair. I knelt down infront of her and lifted her chin, "Riley, all you need to do is wift your head." As her eyes met mine I kissed her again. We let it be this time. It turned into a better thing, it wasn't forced, it was just us. It was better than my dream. "There's no skit," I mentioned as we separated, "I had a dream, and I had to see if your lips were as good as I dreamt them to be. And don't worry, they most definitely are." I went to kiss her again but she pulled back," You have a boyfriend, what are you going to do? I will not be your side fling." I hadn't even thought about it till she mentioned it. What was I going to do about Lucas?

A/N: ahhh it's been forever since I wrote. I miss it. I've been so busy with soccer season and school. Also I need you guys that are still active and reading this to give your feedback on this part, is it good or bad? Should I write a second part? Should I make this into a different book if I write better? Let me know in the comments. Also as always I appreciate all the support these short stories have gotten. The views are ridiculous. And idk if I've mentioned this before, but tadah! I'm trans now. So yeah. Thanks a lot guys I appreciate allll the support❤️.