Scars

-Riley-

I know I've been avoiding talking to Lucas about kissing him, and I've been ignoring it when Maya asks me. I don't know why I kissed Lucas I don't really like him. I just pretend to so no one knows I love girls, well a girl. A girl who's my best friend, who I love and trust with my life, who I never want to leave me, Maya Hart.

I guess the reason I've been avoiding the kiss is because I don't know why it happened., "Hellooooo? Earth to Riley. You there Riles?" Maya snapped her fingers in front of my face, "Riles stop avoiding the kiss! Your life isn't going to continue until you address it." I shook my head, "Don't worry bout it peaches."

She looked at me, "What did you call me?" She looked at me puzzled, "I called you peaches peaches. If you want to know why it's because I love peaches, they are the opposite of you soft on the outside with a hard core. You act so strong and you are but your softer on the inside than your outsides show. Peaches remind me I you because I love peaches." She smiled at me and laid her head on my shoulder, "I like that, love you too Riles. But I push you onto Cowboys lap, you pull his face to yours." I sighed, "I kissed Lucas." I just looked down, "DING DING DING!! We have a winner!! Wait. are you ok? What's wrong?"

I pull the curtains down and lock the windows and the door, Maya watching my every move, "What's wrong why are you shutting and locking everything?" Maya questioned I walked up to her, "So I could do what I really wanted to do." I sit on her lap, put her face in my hands and kiss her softly. Much to my surprise she pulls me closer and I wrap my legs around her waist. We pull apart and rest our foreheads together. "You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that Riles."

I smile at Maya, "Wait no more peaches." I said kissing her again, and pushing her all the way down onto the window seat. I kissed her again full of passion, she kissed back and I moved my hand up her shirt and I felt her flat stomach, she tried to stop me before I felt something, "Riley stop please." Maya begged. I moved her shirt up and saw her scars, I gasped, "Riley please just forget about it." Maya pleaded sadly, "Maya... Why? For how long?" I saw her eyes gloss over and I knew she was gonna cry, "I umm. these are old, sixth grade scars... When I fell in love with you in seventh grade I stopped because I knew it would upset you..." Maya choked on her words, "Why?"

I asked kissing every scar I could see and kissing all along the deepest ones, "R-Riley.. In sixth grade Suzie Adams, if you remember her.. She'd wait until I was alone and then she would come tell me how worthless I am and how I was a bigger nothing than Farkle, she said I was fat, she said I was the ugliest person she'd ever met. But Riley you saved me, the first day of seventh grade you told me how beautiful I was, you told me I was awesome and that I wasnt a waste of space."

She began to sob quietly so I rubbed her back, "Riley you saved me because that night I was going to kill myself." I looked at her, "Peaches you are not the biggest nothing, you aren't Fat look at your stomach even your scars because they are a part of you. Man Suzie must really need new glasses because she obviously couldn't see, you are the farthest thing from useless and ugly. You are the most important person to me and you're also the most beautiful. Not pretty, but beautiful, pretty isn't strong enough to describe your beauty. I don't want you to ever hurt yourself again because I love you, I love my girlfriend, an I love my best friend. Oh wait your all of them." Maya smiled at me and we kissed, I could taste the salt in her precious tears, "Maya don't be ashamed of your scars, your scars are a reminder that your so tough and brave you survived a war with yourself and other mean people in one piece."

She grinned, "Oh Riles what would I do without you?" I shrugged my shoulders, "Probably not this." I continued where we left off for awhile before laying beside her and falling asleep in her loving arms.

A/N sorry for the shorter chapter I'm headed to Michigan tomorrow morning and I had to get this idea out of my head before I forgot. I hope y'all are enjoying these so far. A'ight byee.