Chapter 3

Thomas made his way into the cafeteria. It was a reasonably big room with no windows, double doors exactly in the middle of each wall half the size of the wall vertically. Tables were lazily scattered around the room where boys sat. 'There were more mazes?' Thomas thought; guards stood in front of each door with large guns clutched tightly in their strong arms. "Wait, there are more mazes?" Thomas asks looking over at Newt. Newt noticed Thomas' eyes on him and turns to face him; "no idea, we will ask them later." Newt responds. Thomas follows the others over to a stretched out table with sandwiches, salad bowls, strips of beef, burgers, fruit, a coffee and tea machine, orange juice, milk and cereal. 

Jorge picks up a ham and cheese sandwich followed by Aris and Frypan. Minho picks up a burger and starts making himself a cup of coffee. Thomas would have laughed at how 'typical' Minho he was being but instead got agitated. "Minho, we don't have time for this!" Thomas snaps at Minho. Minho stares straight at Thomas and presses the 'foam' button.

"I need coffee OK, you know what maybe I should started drinking coffee out of a clear mug so people know where my tolerance level is at." Minho snaps back. Thomas picks up a ham sandwich along with Newt. Minho still making coffee. 

"Drink coffee. Do stupid things faster with more energy!" Thomas mumbles under his breath in mock and sarcasm.

"I heard that!" Minho shouts. 

"That was my intention!" Thomas snaps back. Minho finally finishes making his drink and slurps it loudly just to annoy Thomas. They walked over to the double doors opposite the ones Thomas opened to get into to the cafeteria. Jorge reached the doors first but was pushed back hard by one of the guards making him stumble into Frypan who helped him keep his balance. 

"This is a restricted area, no unauthorised people can get through!" The man shouted. He was bald with a grey shirt on and a deep blue coat and black cargo pants slightly trailing along the floor making his shoes unidentified. 

"Look slinthead,we need to get through there to go see a girl so move you and your bad attitude so we can be on our way" Minho exclaims moving to the front of the group and looking the man right in the face. The mans facial expression didn't move whatsoever. Thomas got a weird feeling that these people couldn't be trusted at all, questions started filling Thomas' mind, like why would they have guards standing at each door. What were they hiding that needed guards to make sure that nobody leaves the room. Why were the girls put in a different room. 

Teresa 

Teresa let out a scream trying her hardest to block out the man, the man screaming in her head had gone on for 10 minutes. The scream she let out was loud and pierced through the air.

Thomas

Before anyone could say anything in the cafeteria a scream filled the room. Confusion didn't even come to Thomas, he knew exactly who the scream belonged to. He needed to get out of this room. Running forward Thomas headed straight for the door punching anybody that came near him. He didn't care who it was because they were stopping him from getting to her. 

"Hey get back here!" A man yelled behind him. 

"Thomas, keep running we'll hold them back!" Minho yelled. 

"Tommy, i'm coming!" Newt shouted. Thomas could hear his footsteps behind him. He ran out to more white corridors. He turned to his left to another corridor full of doors. He followed the scream. He ran faster than he probably did in the maze, turning right, left, left, right trying to find her. They must be doing something to her if her voice is covering this big an area. His heart skipped a beat as the voice instantly stopped, it wasn't even a gradual change it just cut off. Silence.

Teresa 

A man ran into her room with a needle and injected her pushing her into unconsciousness in a matter of seconds. The Russian man followed her into her sleep but wasn't screaming anymore just speaking to her. Giving her instructions. She recognised the man that injected her. Ratman.