Axel X Reader

It was just you and Axel eating ice cream on top of the tower. The sun setting as you talked about anything that popped into your heads. It was your last day at the organization. You had no yet told Axel because you knew it would haunt him but, he would find out anyways. " Axel, I have to tell you something." I sighed as a concerning look crossed Axel's face. " So... I'm leaving the organization tomorrow." 

Axel's eyes grew big as another sigh was heard from you. " Y/N I..." Axel was cut off by you taking his hand. " They found someone else they want to recruit and i'm going to have to die because of it." Axel then held my hand and looked into my eyes. " Y/N I swear that won't happen." Axel spoke confidently. " you just can't die...otherwise Xemmnas will pay." 

You both looked up at the sun and remembered all the missions  you two went on together. There was one invading a heartless base. Another was capturing Kairi from a island. Even going on missions together. Xemmnas didn't want anyone finding out about the organizations plans so he decided to kill everyone who left the organization. I guess that's my fate. 

" Y/N you will be safe no matter what, okay." Axel's words pounding into your head. You turned to look at him a small tear sliding down your face. Axel shook his head. Then a keyblade appeared. You stepped back as Axel smiled. " This is how i'm going to protect you." he said. " but... how?" you answered as he smiled. " I've met them." He added

" Them " meaning the people of light. You've heard stories of how brave some of them were. You were shocked. " I turned to the light a while back." Axel spoke. You smiled and hugged him relief flying over you. " Axel, let's just go now, let's go find Roxas, Xion and I guess we will find someone who actually cares." 

Axel and you stare into each others eyes. When Axel leans in and you do too. It seems like the kiss lasted forever. You had found your protector. The one who you wanted to be with forever.