Chapter 11

"I knew my brother was in love with Vicki so I wanted to help her in any way that I could. Jer couldn't afford to lose another person and now she's just run away." I tell Sheriff Forbes.

"When was the last time you saw Vicki?" she asks looking up from her notepad.

"Um....at the halloween dance. I saw her briefly but we didn't talk or anything." Lying came naturally to me and I don't know if that's good or bad.

"Alright, well thank you Arianna. You need to come by the house more often." she smiles standing up. I laugh and stand up also giving her a hug.

"How many times have I told you to call me Aria?" I smile, pulling away.

"Too many but I'm old." she shrugs.

I laugh, "Bye Ms. Forbes." she waves and I head out the door. Elena is standing there ready to go with Jeremy. She looks at me questioningly but I just roll my eyes.

"How did it go?" she asks, like she's worried I told or something.

"I told the truth." I smirk because I told far from it. Elena nods and we head out of the town hall. As soon as we get out I notice Stefan waiting for us.

"We'll meet you in the car." Elena tells Jer and Jenna. Jenna nods before hurrying away pulling Jeremy with her. Elena and I walk over to Stefan, Stefan taking his hands in hers.

"Are you okay?" he asks all sweet and shit. Ugh, I really hate couples.

"I don't think the Sheriff suspected anything. Jeremy had no memory at all, all he knew is what Damon made him know." Elena says.

I roll my eyes, "That was the point Lena."

Stefan and Elena continue to look at each other ignoring me. "Thank you." Stefan says sincerely.

"Stefan I can't do this. Every time I look at Matt or Jeremy all I think is that Vicki is never going to come back and there'll never know why. Around you people get hurt and people die and it's just too much." Elena says exasperated.

"Why don't we go somewhere and talk about it?" Stefan asks.

"No." Elena says quickly. "Stefan you have to stay away from me." she takes my hand and leads me away from Stefan. I frown at her as we walk.

"Elena give him a chance, I can tell he loves you." I say.

Elena laughs a bitter laugh, "Now you support us? I thought you hated Stefan?"

"I did but now I totally ship Stelena." I smile.

"Stelena?" Elena asks smiling slightly.

"Yes, it's a mixture of your two names. It's called a ship." I tell her.

"Aria I know that, I am a teenager." she rolls her eyes.

"Really? The way you act I think your our mother." I say before walking past her and into the car. Maybe I'm a little harsh but she is acting like Mom and she's not having fun.

Well I'll just have to change that.

-------

I am humming along to The Phoenix by Fall Out Boy and dancing a little in the kitchen while making a sandwich.

"I'm gonna change you like a remix then raise you like a phoenix." I sing out loud causing Jeremy, at the table and Jenna and Elena on the couch to turn around.

"Mind singing in your head?" Jeremy asks.

"Why? You don't like my beautiful singing?" I ask faking hurt.