Chapter 18

I walk up the porch freezing my ass off but thankfully I have coffee. I hear Elena leaving a voice mail on Bonnie's phone again. Bonnie hasn't picked up any of our calls since her Grams died. I think she blames us because she died because she used all that power. She hangs up the phone and I walk over to her.

"What are you doing out here Lena? It's freezing." I frown.

"Thinking...writing." she gestures to the journal on her lap. "The funeral for Bonnie's grandma, just brought up a lot about Mom and Dad."

"I know, it made me remember a lot of things I would like to forget." I sigh sitting down next to her. She wraps her arm around me, and steals my coffee. "Hey!"

She takes a sip then hands it back to me, "What? I'm cold too." she pouts. I laugh and take a long sip of my coffee.

"Hey, guys. Whatca doing out here, it's pretty cold." Jenna smiles, walking up to us.

"That's exactly what I asked her." I shrug.

"Hey, I was wondering...you said you were going to do some digging about the adoption. So did you..........dig?" Elena questions.

Jenna thinks for a moment, probably deciding if she wants to share with us. "We don't have all day, Jenna." I say and she glares at me.

"Why don't you come inside?" she says not really asking. She walks inside and Elena gets up to follow but I stay seated.

"What's wrong?" Elena frowns.

"I just......I don't know if I want to find out more about her, Isobel. I don't want to start thinking she's is my Mom and not, you know, Mom." I admit.

Elena gives me a sad smile, "She will never be our Mom, Aria. She's the woman that gave birth to us at only 16 and then left. Don't worry about forgetting Mom, you won't. It's pretty impossible, Mom was amazing."

"Alright." I get up and give Elena a little smile. "Let's go find out more about this Isobel women." Elena and I head inside and to the kitchen where Jenna is sitting down on the table with her laptop.

"Your Dad kept everything from his medical practice, records, logs, old appointment books." Jenna holds up an old appointment book. "I found an entry, from the night you two were born. A patient and a birth date. Isobel Peterson."

I snort, "That is the most fake last name ever. Do you know how many people's last names are Peterson?"

"That's what I was thinking, but the first name is most likely right. But where did she get Peterson? A classmate? Best friend? So....I binged it. I searched for all the Peterson's in this area born the same year as Isobel. Found three, two men and a women. Trudy who lived in Groove Hill, Virginia."

"That's not far from here." I smirk, we can go meet this lady then.

"Well...watch this." Jenna types some stuff into the search engine and up comes Isobel's class year book. Elena and I spot her right away looking sassy in a cheer outfit. Like Elena...

"Isobel, she was a cheerleader." Elena smiles causing to Jenna and I to laugh.

"You know Trudy still lives there, this is her address." Jenna hands Elena the sticky note.

"What about Isobel?" I question.

"I couldn't find anything about her." Jenna frowns. Huh, with our luck she's probably some CIA agent. "Listen there's something else, Mr.Saltzmen...Ric, his wife was from around here and her name was also Isobel."

"So Ric could be my Dad, eew." I frown but Elena hears something else.

"Wait? Was? As in?" Elena trails off