Chapter 37

As soon as I step outside, I walk right back into the house. The sun hurts, and it gives me a major freaking headache. I got really drunk last night with Elijah, I can’t tell you if he did or not. I don’t really remember anything from last night. I don’t even know how I got home, I just woke up in my bed this afternoon. Hungover.

I groan and lean against the wall, wishing I had darker sunglasses. If anyone saw me right now, they would know I am hungover. My hair is pulled back in a messy bun, I’m wearing a lime green tank-top with black sweatpants, and I’m wearing dark sunglasses. I look kind of like a hobo. 

“Are you hungover?” Damon questions, just appearing in front of me. I don’t even have the energy to be scared right now. My head hurts…and my stomach slightly. 

“What does it look like?” I snap. 

“I thought I told you to stay home last night.” Damon scolds, sounding like my Father or something. He is way too overprotective these days. He thinks that the werewolves are gonna eat me or something if I step outside. 

“Don’t worry, I think I had pretty good protection.” I smirk, knowing it doesn’t get much better than Elijah. 

Damon frowns, “Who were you with?”

“Elijah.” I answer, and see fury shine in Damon’s eyes. Even though Elijah is a good guy, Damon doesn’t like him. Maybe it’s an ego thing. He says it’s just because he doesn’t want me to get hurt. He says that a lot these days. 

“You were out drinking with him?! Why didn’t you just call me?” Damon demands, sounding furious. I think I detect some jealously in there also.

“Because, you were at home with Rose.” I reply, in a sweet voice. “Look, I don’t care if you have friends that our girls. I’m not gonna be one of those possessive, bitchy girlfriends. So you shouldn’t mind if I have guy friends. Such as Tyler and Elijah.” I sigh. 

Damon runs his hand over his face, and I think I see a frown line appearing. He better be careful, he's gonna become Stefan soon. “I guess I can’t stop you.” he mutters. 

“No you can’t, so just stop now.” I smile innocently. 

“Alright, fine. But I need some help with Rose, she’s getting worse. I don’t know what the werewolf bite is going to do to her, so I need you to watch her. Elena is already over with Stefan but I know she won’t help me.” Damon says. Yup, Elena is free from her house arrest. Stefan said he can control his girlfriend so I gave him the benefit of the doubt. 

“How is Rose dealing with this? I imagine it can’t be easy.” I frown, feeling bad for Rose. She’s sick because she saved Damon, I don’t even know what to say. 

“She’s dealing with it.” Damon replies, his tone sharp. I know he feels guilty that she got bit because of him. I really want to find this Jules girl and kill her myself. I hope Damon kills her, she doesn’t deserve to live. She sounds like a freaking bitch. 

“Alright, I’ll come over. But I’m not changing.” I tell him. 

“Lets go.” Damon states, causing me to groan. He looks over at me with an annoyed gaze. “I’m going to have to carry you aren’t I?” I nod, and he swoops me up, holding me bridal style. I smile and wrap my arms around is neck, laying my head down on his chest. 

“You’re very comfortable. Have you ever thought of being a pillow?” I whisper, feeling my eyes start to get droopy. 

“No, I haven’t. I’m more the blanket type.” he smirks, thinking dirty like always. I roll my eyes even though he can’t see that I did with the sunglasses on. It’s just my allergic reaction to bullshit. I take allergy medication for it sometimes.