ch 2...New house

Emily's pov

After that day,I realized that everyone was the same.This new house my so called uncle dropped me off at was just as bad.I now lived with a women who I called Mrs.Sorenson and her daughter Marie.They weren't that bad at first,but it gradually hot worse over the years.yeah that's right years I have been here for 5 years.(that makes her 15).They both acted so innocent in the beginning.They had me do chores and little errands.Over the first few months I realized that they were just like my uncle.The punishment were a little worse swallowing acid and kneeling on rice for hours,but I was a curious and very observant child and knew it would get me in a little trouble,but boy was I wrong.
Flashback...3rd person pov
Emily had woke up from her tiny space in the basement to arguing,so being the curious little thing she is she quietly crept up the stairs and silently listened in on the conversation.she had got really good at not making a sound while moving around.As she got closer she could make out Ms.Sorensons voice arguing with Marie about a girl named Sang.She didn't realize what she was doing until after it had been done.Emily had stepped around the corner and stood in the living room doorway and blurted out,"Who's Sang?"Ms.Sorenson turned to Emily with an evil glint in her eye and Marie looked horrified.Marie quickly ran up the stairs.Emily stared at Ms.Sorenson who crept closer.She grabbed Emily harshly,her nails digging in her arm drawing blood she helped as she threw her into the wall across the room and she said the words that would haunt Emily for the rest of her life..
"Sang,is not to be said in this house, she's the most annoying, ungrateful child in the world and she will never be my daughter!"Ms Sorenson was fuming.She kicked Emily over and over again in the ribs repeatedly.Emily couldn't tell how long she layered there.It felt like hours to her and by the time by the time she got to her room. She only had one thought running through her head and that was,"Everyone is the same."