Emilys hideout and Humans are cruel

Emily watched from the shadows as Marie left the house in a rush.'i wonder what has her in a rush,oh well it's none of my business' Emily continued on her way to her favorite place on the earth,it was a small clearing with a small stream running through it and a tree lay fallen on its side about 20 ft from the stream.Emily smiled when she saw the tree and walked over to the edge and got her worn out leather sketch\journal and pencils ,which were a variety of colors out.She learned early on of she ever wanted something of her own,she couldn't keep it near that wrenched place.She would never call it a home.Emily sat down on the tree and crossed her legs.Suddenly,a deer came strolling up the stream to get a drink it looked up suddenly,silently seeing if Emily was a danger.Seeing no danger it returned on its mission to get a drink.Emily smiled slightly,she loved animals and nature way more than people.Animals wouldn't hurt or judge you by appearance,they loved you unconditionally no matter what you did to them.They were very forgiven unlike her so called new parents.She grimaced as a flashback flashed before her eyes.
FLASHBACK...
An 11 year old,shy Emily was hastily making her new parents dinner,when she heard a quiet whimper coming from outside.Emily quickly threw the lasagna in the oven and made her way outside sh followed the whimpers and found an injured puppy caught in a net trap.(the ones used for hunting).She quickly tried to get him out,but it was tangled and she did not have access to a knife so she began untangling it with her hands it took a while.Emily practically jumped with joy when she go him out,She checked him over and found no other injury,she sighed wanting to take him home,but she would probably have to kneel and she didn't want to have a repeat of the cat.Sangs dad had found out and shot it in front of her for wasting their time with a useless cat.She cried for hours and she didn't want that to happen so she told it good bye and decided to call him Prince,because she thought that princesses could save the princes too.She smiled but it instantly turned into a frown.The lasagna!She ran as fast as possible but it was burnt a little bit on the sides and she kneeled for 15 minutes before she decided it wasn't a good enough punishment and beat her with a cane and burned her with cigarettes.
She learned 2 things that day
1.She would never be the Princess
2.Humans were cruel savages