Prologue

I watch the Tigers Men Basketball Team on a regular basis. When I have the time to I watch their practice and I find time to watch them on their games against other schools. Its not just being supportive to my Alma Mater and to the team or out of love of the said sport. My main reason is a special person who has a big part in my life.

 Because of Jeric Teng.

 Like mostly of the girls here in the gymnasium.

 The tigers' practice today was more rigorous due to the upcoming UAAP. They all work hard. But I know that no one works as hard as Jeric Teng. He really wants the championship and this is his last chance to bring back the crown in España. This is his last year in UST and UAAP.

 Aside sa mas matindi practice nila ngayon kagaya naman ito ng regular na practice nila. Nanjan pa rin yung mga babae na maiingay habang nanunuod. Tumili nanaman sa kilig yung mga first year na nakaupo malapit sakin. Tumitili sila sa tuwing nkakashoot si Jeric Teng, na sa kasamaang palad para sa ear drums ko, very frequent.

 An hour past, Coach Pido evaluated the team’s practice then calls it a day. Nagshower na yung mga players and after 15 mins lumabas na ulit si Jeric Teng wearing a shirt and basketball shorts. He scanned the bleachers and headed to the direction of where I'm seated, the first year students that I mentioned earlier squel in delight.

 "Let's go?" Jeric smiled at me.

"Sure." I answered while I picked up my bag and books.

Jeric, being the gentleman he always is reached for my books. I gladly hand them to him.

"Sino ba yan?" I heard one first year asked her friend.

"Girlfriend ba ni Jeric Teng yan?" asked another first year student.

I know Jeric heard it too because he smirked and placed an arm on my shoulders as we walked away leaving the ear drum wreaking girls silent.

 We head to his car.

"You are... always like that." I remarked when we were already in the parking lot.

"Always like what?" He asked innocently.

"Pag ako tlaga kinuyog ng mga fans mo lagot ka sakin." I answered.

He chuckled and removed his arm around me and dugged his cellphone out of his pocket.

"Who are you texting?" I peeked onto his phone.

"A girl that I met." He moved away his phone before I saw anything.

I frowned.

"Jealous?" He smiled.

"Don't flatter yourself, Teng." I answered and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Ang cute mo." He said as he playfully pinched my cheek.

I reached for his cheek but he moved his head out of my reach.

"Ang daya mo!" I exclaimed.

He laughed stroke his hand against on top of my head, messing my hair.

"Wala. Madaya ka pa din." I told him.

"Tara na. I'll buy you ice cream." He offered.

I pretended to think about it.

"Ok. But I'll still get back on you." I warned.

Then we laughed.

 We are always like this. We always have each other. Pero bago pa madagdagan yung mga fans ni Jeric who want my head on a silver platter, we are not lovers.

We're bestfriends.