Chapter 2

(Dom's POV)

I've been avoiding Jeric for almost a week.  I made myself busy with anything I could. His busy schedule with basketball, family, school and Erica made it easy to avoid him without him noticing. I don't understand why I'm doing this. It’s not like I'm in love with him.

UAAP will start next week so I decided to watch their practice today and see how his doing.

I smiled as he did his signature hand move after he did a 3 point shot.

My heart beats faster than usual and blood rushes to my cheeks.

It feels like the time when I watch him years ago, when I had a crush on him. But not exactly similar, somehow there's a difference that I can't pin point.

Maybe I just missed him.

Jeric looked at my direction. He looked a little surprised to see me on my best-view-watching-spot but he smiled immediately when he saw me.

I'm very glad to know he's happy to see me. Did he miss me too? We miss our friends once in a while, right?

I smiled back. And smiled like an idiot for the rest of the practice.

When the practice ended he approached me. As soon as he can reach me, he messed my hair.

"Anubayan, Teng. Baho mo." I teased him. He still smells nice even he’s covered with sweat.  Wait, since when I became concern with how he smells?

He laughed. "Where have you been?"

I thought he didn't notice that we haven't seen each other for days.

"School." I reasoned.

"I'll just take a quick shower then there's something I've been waiting to tell you for days." He said a smile still on his face.

"Why don't you just call me?" I asked. Doesn't he have time to call me when there's something important he has to say to me?

His smile grew wider. "This one should be in person."

Before I can reply he pinched my cheek and ran to the showers.

Jeric was back faster than I expected.

"What are you going to tell me?" I asked as we walk to the car park.

"What do you think of Erica?" He asked me back.

"She's pretty and seems nice." I answered.

He smiled.

"What's with you? You are starting to freak me out." I remarked.

He just laughed in reply.

I looked at Jeric at the corner of my eye. I never saw him like this before.

I forced a smile.

"What if she became my girlfriend?" He suddenly asked me when we reached his car.

(Jeric's POV)

Our practice just ended. I'm tired and Dominique refused to enter my car and has been staring at me for some time now. Her arms are crossed in front of her chest. I stare back at her to drive her insane like what she's doing to me. 'Dom's pretty.' I remembered Erica say.

 "Ano?" I asked her in defeat.

"Why are you asking me that? E ni hindi mo man lang nabanggit sakin si Erica dati. How should I know? And she heard a lot about me? While I didn't even know she existed until that dinner" She answered with a little irritation in her voice.

"It’s not like I have to tell everything that's happening in my life to you." My reply sound more irritated than I intentioned.

She was silent for a moment. I know she'll snap back on me.

"You're right." Dom said in a neutral tone which surprised me so much.

I was about to apologize when she took out her phone from her pocket. Dom casual excused herself and answered her phone. She went out of hearing distance and turned her back on me. Usually she takes calls comfortably beside me. She even asked me to answer some of her calls occasionally when her hands are full, when she had her hands on PlayStation controller, that is.

She went back in no time.

"Want to grab ice cream?" I offered her a sieze fire.

"Is Erica coming?" She asked after thinking about it.

"Yes." I answered.

"I don't want to be a third wheel so I have to pass." I wasn't able to answer.

"Kidding. May lakad ako e. Kim just called me." She laughed.

"Baliw ka talaga." I smiled. "San kayo magkikita? I drive you na lang."

"She'll pick me up." She smiled back.

"Nasan na daw sya?" Kim is Dom's best friend since high school. They don't go out much now but they still keep in touch with each other.

"Hay nako Teng. Go on your date. I almost thought you only love your family and basketball. May Erica ka pa pala na love." She teased me. "I was starting to think na you're gay. Thanks to Erica King Tiger ka pa din. Kala ko Queen Tiger ka e." She added.

"Si Erica, Queen Tiger." I smiled of the thought.

"Queen Tiger. Bakit kayo na ba?" She asked.

"Oo." I answered.

(Dom's POV)

Since when started to lied to my best friend? I wondered to myself when Jeric's car was out of sight. I finally convinced him to go ahead.

I sigh and answered my own question.

Yes, just now.

I had lied to him for the first time and twice in a row. What a good start.

First, I pretended that someone's calling me and excused myself when our conversation heated up.

Second, I told him that I'm meeting with Kim.

I bit my lower lip to stop it from trembling and roll my cold hands into fits. I fought back my tears. I was victorious until I got inside the cab when they roll down my cheek. I immediately wiped them of with the back of my hand.

Kim's right.

I'm in love with my best friend.

I'm in love with Jeric.