Chapter 31

(Dom’s POV)

I woke up with a bad headache. I haven’t slept much last night, maybe that’s why. The thought of Jeric kept me awake. I had been thinking since Jeric was not mad at me perhaps we could still save our friendship. Perhaps…  But I know it won’t happen now. Because I still love him and as long as I’m in love with him I can’t be a friend to him. That does not mean that I don’t care for him anymore. Hell, I care a lot more about him since I had realized that I love him.

I shove the thought at the back off me mind. It already dominated my night. I won’t let it do the same on a nice sunny day.  I also ignored my headache and I went on with my daily routine.  Freshen up, took Mustang out for a walk, ate breakfast, gave Mustang a bath, gave myself a bath, played NBA 2014 but I got bored and tired to take a nap but failed, ate lunch, at 2 pm I prepared for my Muay Thai class, drove to it and reached my destination by 3:50 pm.

My Muay Thai class started by 4 pm. During the training my headache got worse. I feel warm every time I’m engaged with strenuous activities but today, I feel warmer than usual. In the middle of a sparring I feel dizzy. Like I was hit at the head, I wasn’t right? Our coach suddenly stopped the match and approached me.

“What happened to my best student?” Mr. Nat asked, he’s on his late 40s and the head instructor. When he was younger he was participating on international Muay Thai tournaments and brought home numbers of medals and trophies. Every time I want to learn something, I learn from the bests.

“You look pale. Are you ok?” He asked again.

“I guess I’m sick.” I reluctantly answered.

“You guess? There’s no need to guess, you look sick.” He remarked.

“Do I look that bad?” I joked.

“No worries. You still look very pretty. It would be really nice if I introduce you to my son. He’s about your age and already qualified to teach Muay Thai. He could give you one on one lessons.” He grinned.

“Ha-ha” I smiled.

“Anyway, you better go home and get some rest.” He instructed.

“Thank you, Sir.” I replied and fixed my things

“And think about meeting mg son.” Mr. Nat joked.

“You won’t give it up huh?” I asked.

“Nah…” He answered. “Can you drive yourself home?”

Now that he asked about it, I realized I’m in no shape to drive. If I drive now, I would be like driving when you are wasted because of alcohol. I don’t want another car accident.

“I’ll text my older brother to pick me up. Do you mind if I leave my car on your parking lot tonight?”

“That won’t be a problem, the place is secured naman.”

“Thanks.”

I sat at one of the couches at the lobby and waited for my Kuya Leo. After 30 minutes I heard these familiar noises. Tilian ng mga babae dahil sa kilig. I remembered the similar kind of noises that I heard every time I watch the Tigers play, every time I watch Jeric play. I smiled at the memory. But the smile on my lips quickly vanished when I saw Jeric Teng walking towards me. Am I delirious?

“How do you feel?” He asked and reached to feel my forehead. “You’re burning.”

“What are you doing here?” I asked. Is this another of my Kuya’s scheme? This is not a good time to push Jeric to me though pushing Jeric to me wasn’t a good idea at all.