Chapter 29

(Dom's POV)

Kuya Leo had a busy schedule. My Wagyu Beef treat for him will have to wait until Thursday. That worked well for me because there's a car show that I wanted to see in Alabang this Monday.

I almost hugged the hood of my car when I saw it parked at the garage. It looked exactly as I left it, shiny and sparkly. I smiled at my reflection on the hood. I tied my hair up in a pony tail, wore a white chiffon loose button down polo with its sleeves rolled up to my elbow, beige shorts and military inspired boots. I climbed immediately after ogled my cherry red Eclipse. I am excited to drive my baby again.

The car show was amazing. Most of the cars were restored but there were unique or fast cars from this century, either customized or sports car. I drooled while staring at a Black Vintage Chevy. I felt in love with it on first sight. And I badly want to take it home with me. Or take it for a drive, at least.

"Pretty, huh?"

I turned around and smiled widely.

"James! How are you?" I greeted him.

"Eto, I managed not to commit suicide nung binasted mo ko." He joked. "Too bad, huh?"

"Yeah, too bad." I agreed.

We laughed.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Remember my cousin who's into drifting?"

I nodded.

"He participated in this show." He continued. "How about you? Is it your turn to stalk?"

"Don't flatter yourself." I answered.

I paused for a while.

'Don't flatter yourself, Teng.' I remember myself saying those words to Jeric.

I sighed, I really miss him. Keeping my distance to him is way harder than I thought. Good for me I still managed to keep away. I can’t face him, not now. I’m not yet over him and perhaps he’s mad at me. And it’s not that Jeric my whole world. His not the only one that I love, there's my family, friends, Mustang and cars. Not to mention sweets, video games and sports. I even enrolled to learn Muay Thai.

I am surprised that he broke up with his dream girl. Erica blamed me for it. I'm sure I am not the reason for their break up because if I am Jeric would have told me. I didn't even know about it until she posted it on twitter. What Erica claimed is ridiculous, yes I love Jeric but I never tried to steal him from her. And as if Jeric would love me which is a more ridiculous story. I am a sister to him.

I'd be a liar if I'll say that I don't care. I actually felt bad that Jeric didn't even bother to tell me that he broke up with the china doll. But then I realized why should he? First I'm not the reason for their break up and second I'm no longer his best friend.

If only I knew that he is going to break up with Erica. I should have hit her harder.

"Why are you frowning?" James asked.

"Because you found out that I am stalking you." I used a joke as an excuse.

James laughed.

“So… Are you with someone?” James asked.

Napakunot yung noo ko. What exactly did he meant?

“May kasama ka?” James clarified.

“I’m on my own.” I answered.

"Ah…You better met my cousin, you'll like him. But if you like him more than you like me papasagasa na talaga ako sa pison."

"You are unbelievable." I answered.