Chapter 24

(Dom's POV)

Jeric is busy with his PBA draft. We barely see each other but we talk about how's our day went on a regular basis. I dropped by at the PBA Rookie Camp and brought him lunch. After I handed a brown bag from The Racks to him I bail to meet up with Kim.

When I arrived at Kenny Rogers, Kim was already waiting for me.

"So, there's a chance that you might like James?" Kim started immediately after I settled on my seat.

"Could the waiter take my order first?" I asked making up an excuse. Yun agad agad?

"I already ordered for you, Classic Healthy Plate with Sour Cream and Chives Potatoes and Blueberry Pasta Salad." She informed me.

I wasn't able to protest. I was thinking of ordering the exact thing. My excuse didn't work. Something it's not a good thing when your friends know you really well.

"James is really a nice guy." I answered.

"Oh, please!" Kim exclaimed. "If that worked on Jeric, I won't work on me."

"He really is." I swear. Totoo naman.

"That he being the nicest guy in the whole world won't grant him the ticket there." Kim pointed at my heart.

I sighed. With Kim, making up excuses is a waste of energy.

"Why ask me then?" I asked. "You know it so well."

"It’s a reality check for you." Kim said. "Baka mamaya niloloko mo na yung sarili mo."

"Oo na." I replied. "James is nice and fun to be with. But I'm already in love with Jeric. Kung sana ganun lang kadali na makamove on ade sana di ako nagtitiis ng ganito katagal."

"Bakit mo sinabi yon kay Jeric?" Kim asked.

"Ewan ko." I answered. "Maybe I just want to see his reaction."

"Kung magseselos sya?" Kim grinned.

I grunt in desperation.

"Oo na!" I admitted.

"So?"

"Wala. Nga nga. As usual fulltime best friend sya." I answered.

"Pano si James?" Kim asked. "Did you also told him that he have a chance?"

"Of course not!" I exclaimed. "I never gave him any false reassurance."

"Are you going to ask him to stop courting you?"

"I'm going to do that tonight." I looked down to the goblet of water in front of me and stared at my reflection.

"That's the best thing you could do for him." Kim encouraged.

"I know." I replied in a soft voice. "I really don't want to hurt him. How can I tell it to him without hurting him?"

Kim smiled meekly.

"He'll manage." Kim answered. "He seemed to be a strong willed person."

"He is." I agreed.

(James' POV)

Dom phoned me and asked me if we could meet tonight. Of course I said yes and suggest one of my favorite restaurants. After our conversation I can't get off the silly smile from my face. I was looking for the chance to confess to her that I had fallen in love with her. Tonight seemed to be the best time to do it.

I arrived at Mango Tree 10 minutes early. I suggested picking her up at her place but she said that we better just met here. She doesn't approve of me picking her up like most of the time when we "hang out".