Chapter 5

(Erica's POV)

UAAP officially started. Today is the first match of UST. It was an hour or more before the game when Dominique texted me that she's already in front of our house. I really feel glad na we're getting along well.

Dom was on the phone when I climb in the passenger's seat. She's wearing a yellow Teng 16 t-shirt while I'm wearing a yellow blouse.

"She's with me na." I heard her say.

She laughed and hand me her phone.

"Hey King Tiger." I told to the other line, I know its Jeric because of the picture of the caller on Dom's phone. It was linked to Jeric's facebook account. I smiled when I saw his primary picture. It’s our picture. 

"Hi Queen Tiger." Jeric laughed. "Sabi mo kay Dom bagalan lang nya magmaneho. Nakasakay ka kasi sa kotse nya e."

I laughed and told it to Dom. "Wag ka daw muna mag paka-fast and the furious." I added when Jeric asked me to.

"Ok. Transporter na lang muna ako." she grinned.

Jeric heard her and laughed.

"Kanina pa ko kinukulit ni Jeric na bagalan ko lang daw pagmamaneho ko." She told me.

"E kasi naman e. Kaskasera ka." Jeric answered from the other line, I told it to Dom.

"Oo na. Basta siguraduhin mong mananalo kayo ngayon." Dom said and stepped on the accelerator.

Jeric laughed.

"Good luck hon." I told Jeric.

"Thanks hon." Jeric answered. "I have to go na. Tawag kami ni coach. Love you hon."

"I love you too hon." I smiled and blushed. Nahiya tuloy ako kay Dom, I'm not a fan PDA kasi.

"Paki sabi kay Dom yung seatbelt nya." Jeric said. "Bye hon."

"Bye." I disconnected the line and saw Dom's wallpaper. It's a picture of her and Jeric. They looked so close and they also look cute together. I felt a little jeaslous. Jeric ask me to remind Dom's about her seatbelt and he didn't even ask if I had mine on.

"Dom. Yung seatbelt mo daw sabi ni Jeric." I tried to sound casual, pero medyo nagkaron pa din ng tono ng selos. It felt awkward.

Dom strapped her seatbelt. I know she notice the jealous tone in my voice.

"I had a car accident about 2 years ago." She informed me.

"Oh. I'm sorry, I didn't know about that." I answered feeling a little better. May dahilan naman pala kaya ganun na lang concern ni Jeric sa seatbelt ni Dom.

"I was driving way too fast I'm supposed to. I was upset that time and I tend to drive very fast when I'm upset." She smiled.

"Are you upset now?" I smiled back.

"Tignan mo, 70 kph lang tinatakbo ko." She laughed.

"What happened when you had the accident?" I curiously asked.

"I ended up with stitches and a cast. Though my battle scars where long gone na as if nothing happened, salamat sa nakaimbento ng laser." She bit her lower lip. "I wasn't wearing my seatbelt that time. I was very lucky that time. I could have died."

(Dom's POV)

I drove slower than Jeric asked me to, from 70 kph I slower down to 50 kph as memories came flooding back to me.

I honestly can't remember why I was very upset that time.

But I remember how scared I was.

I spent a week in the hospital and wore a cast for about 3 months. When I came out of the hospital I looked at my car, even my family and Jeric was strongly against it. My car was crumpled like a tin can. As if Incredible Hulk brought out his anger to my car.