Chapter 12

(Dom's POV)

Jeron: Don't forget to wear green. :)

I read Jeron's text.

I actually had forgotten about our bet. I smiled. I own him much kaya sasakyan ko na lang yung trip nya. Though I'm sure it’s a little awkward. Hope my Thomasian friends won't see me.

I sat at the La Salle Player's VIP.

Tito Alvin and Ate Alyssa were surprised to see me at that side of the court and wearing green.

"I lost a bet." I explained.

"Nako magseselos nyan si Jeric." Tito Alvin teased me. Tito and Ate were wearing white.

"Tito naman e."

(Jeric's POV)

Buzzer.

72- 73

The Growling Tigers won the game. I felt happy, but it's only game one. I have to keep focused.

I went out and look for my love ones. I saw my mom with Almira and Erica. Where's Dom?

"Congrats hon." Erica hugged me. She's wearing the yellow Teng 16 that she mentioned before. I don't know why but I don't feel the same kilig that I felt when I wondered what she'll look like if she wears one. Maybe because I'm tired.

"Thanks." I hugged her back.

"Good game anak." My mom praised me.

"Thanks ma." I answered. "Where's Jeron?"

As if on cue, Jeron arrived with Dad and Ate Alyssa. Trailing behind them is Dom, wearing green!

Did she switch sides? What about her Alma Mater? And I'm her best friend. How closes did Jeron and Dom became while we had a fight?

"Wow Jeric. You won!" Dom smiled.

I grunt in reply.

Dom offered to drive me and Erica. We reached Erica's place. I climbed down the car and moved the passenger seat forward then helped Erica out of the car.

We kissed good bye. It seemed that she kissed me longer than usual.

I waited for her to get inside their house before I climb back inside.

My bag was left open with some of my stuffs hanging out. Dom rummaged my bag and took the yellow shirt I wore before the game and wore it over her green shirt.

"Wag ka na magtampo." She made a puppy-dog-eyes.

I shut the door close and fixed my things. Kunwari naiinis pa rin ako sa kanya. How can I stay annoyed at her? She looked so cute.

"Sige na King Tiger. Ang baho kaya ng shirt mo." She complained.

"Kapal mo. Baka mas mabango pa yan sayo." I said, in a masungit tone.

"Hmph! Sige I'll have the roof of my car down para pag kaguluhan ka ng fans mo." She threatened.

"Mag tataxi na lang ako." I reached for the door, kunwari bababa ako.

I opened the door a little when Dom suddenly speeds off. I shut the door immediately.

"You! You're crazy!" I exclaimed.

"Seatbelt please." She mimicked me.

I growled in defeat and strap my seatbelt on. I tried not to smile.

She stopped abruptly. My body rocked forward.

"Really Dom. You're crazy." I remarked.

"Bati na tayo. Pretty please?" She smiled.

Nagpapacute ba sakin 'to? Because, hell! It's working great.

I smirked.

Dom put on her ayaw-mo-de-wag face and stepped on the accelerator.

"Bahala ka jan. Mag susuot ulit ako ng green sa next game." She announced.

"Bahala ka!" Now its masungit tone for real. "Why did you where green ba? Are you color blind?"

"I lost a bet." She told me. "I'll wear white on the next game."

I mentally smiled at the thought. She'll support the both of us. Care for me and my brother at the same time like my family does. It's nice if your girlfriend is like that, show love and value your family.

"Wala. Mas mahalaga na sayo si Jeron kesa sakin, nagaway lang tayo ganun na." Nag tampu-tampohan ako.

"Sympre walang papantay sa King Tiger ko. Let's just say Jeron and I had a little secret." She smiled.

'Ayan nanaman yang lintik na secret na yan.' I thought starting to be pissed again.

"Bati na tayo?" She asked.

"Oo na."

She grinned upon hearing my answer.

At game two Dom wore white and sat at the UST side with my mom. Though sadly, the La Salle won with a score of 77- 70. The tension between me and my younger brother rose. Game three will be my last shot to the UAAP crown. We have no idea who will be the champions. One thing's for sure, one of us will win the other will lose.

Days passed quickly. Today’s the 12th of October.

Adrenaline rush. Cold hands. Fast heartbeat.

How can I be equally excited and nervous? Be brave and afraid at the same time?

Coach Pido finished his speech to boost our morale. Today's the big day. And in minutes the most important game in my life so far will begin. I and my team mates prepare for the game.

I hold onto the rosary Dom gave me and pray.

(Dom's POV)

I'm at the edge on my seat, wearing white but my heart shouts yellow.

Another 3 point shot. Way to go Jeric. At the 3rd quarter the Tigers are leading with a score of 47- 48.

At the 4th quarter La Salle was able to catch up with UST.

10 secs were remaining, a 3 point shot from Aljon Mariano. If he made the ball in the ring UST will be champions. Missed.

Overtime. Additional crucial minutes to break the tie that passed faster than I expected. Before I realized it the buzzer rang and La Salle became champions. 71- 69, just a few points short.

Jeric was on his knees, crying.

I found myself smiled when Jeric and Jeron hugged each other. Jeron raised the hand of his older brother as if shouting, 'he's a champion'. Such a heartwarming scene.

When we reunited with Jeric, his parents and sisters hugged him.

"We're proud of you." His family told him.

He smiled meekly.

It's Erica's turn to hug him. She uttered words to comfort him.

But I know no words will make him feel better.

Jeric, Erica and I had a quiet dinner. We dropped Erica at her place after we ate. I’m now driving Jeric to the quarters where he decided to spend the night.

We were already at España when I took a U turn.

"You'll stay at home." I told him before he could ask.

"I prefer to stay at the quarters." He answered coldly.

"On your own?" I asked sarcastically. "You'll feel better, trust me."

"Seriously Dom, I'm not in the mood."

"Well if you feel better you could thank me. If not you could get to say, 'I told you so'." I answered as if it’s the most rational thing in the world.