Chapter 18

(Jeric's POV)

I woke up around 6 am because of a vibration under my pillow. Dom sent me a text.

Dom: Good morning sleepyhead. I went out. See you at the beach for breakfast later. :)

Jeron was still asleep. I closed my eyes and tried to get back to sleep. After 10 mins of failed attempts, I stood up and get myself ready then went to the beach.

There is no sign of Dom at the shore. I looked around and saw someone on a Jet Ski from great distance. Whoever he is he has a knack at being a daredevil. He drives the Jet Ski so fast and makes reckless turns.

'Fast and the furious.' I thought.

I smiled. That reminds me of Dom.

The daredevil rider drove towards the shore. He is still driving fast and he is a she. It's Dom. I should have known.

When Dom was near the shore I got a chance to take a better look at her. She's wearing a two piece bikini with a camouflage top and dark green bottom, brown aviators and let she her hair down. Plus she's riding a Jet Ski, which made her more look like she came out from an action movie.

I walked towards her and help her get off.

"How come you’re up so early?" She asked.

"Because someone crazy texted me early." I answered.

"I woke you up with a text message? Talaga lang ha, e mantika ka matulog e."

"Ayaw pang maniwala nito."

She laughed. 

"Want to take it for a ride?" She asked mentioning the jetski.

I checked our surroundings. There are also some early birds other than us, out for a jog or for an early swim. I'll just stay beside you. Mahirap na baka may pumorma nanaman sayo e.

"Maybe later." I replied.

"You sure?" She asked again.

"Yeah." I answered.

"Very very sure?"

I smiled and messed her hair with my hand.

"So what's now?" I asked.

"Can I bury you in the sand?" She asked back.

I thought for a moment.

"Ayaw ko nga. Baka ituluyan mo ko."

"Hindi a. Best friend kita e."

Best friend...

"Let's look around?" She suggested.

"Sounds better."

We started to walk, I noticed Dom's bare feet.

"Where's you slippers?"

"Uh... At the hotel. I thought I won't need them." She looked down on her feet as if she just realize she don't have her slippers.

I stopped.

"Here." I removed my slippers.

Dom laughed. "They're too big for me."

"Bilis na." I picked up my slippers and placed it in front of Dom's feet.

"Jeric. I'm fine, really."

I started to walk leaving Dom with my slippers.

"Bahala ka jan." I said.

"You know what Teng? Sometimes, you're as crazy as I am!" She yelled behind me and wore my slippers then run to catch up on me.

We reached a souvenir and gift shop after minutes of walking around.