Chapter 7

(Jeric' POV)

Sunday morning. I woke up at 9 am and had breakfast with my family. After our meal and kwentuhan I went back to my room and checked my social media accounts. I replied to some tweets and uploaded a picture from my last game in Instagram. Then I logged in my personal facebook account.

Erica already uploaded our pictures from last night. I was browsing the pictures when I saw a picture of Dom with Samuel, his arm was around her shoulders. Kapal din ng isang 'to a. Kung makaakbay kala mo tuko. At ano bang nakain ni Dominique, nagpaakbay naman sya.

I clicked on the tag link to see Sam's Fb account. It was private but I was able to see our mutual friends. 2 mutual friends, I clicked it. Erica Lim and Dominique Frances appread on the screen.

I gritted my teeth. Pa add add pa sa Facebook a. Da moves mo bulok. I clicked Dom's profile. I saw a post from Samuel saying 'See you later.' which was posted 2 hours ago.

I logged out and lie restless on my bed, pissed.

'Loko yung lalakeng yon a.' I thought, picked up my phone and sent Dom a text.

Me: Do you have plans for today?

She replied after 10 mins.

Dom: Just shopping with Sam later after lunch at MOA.

Me: We'll have lunch at MOA. I'll tag along.

Dom: You sure? Diba you hated shopping.

Me: E since when you liked shopping ba? E pag nasa mall tayo you only eat or buy new games.

Dom: Hahahha. I just know boys and shopping don't mix kaya I don't invited you when I go shopping. :)

"But Sam had an exemption?" I asked to my phone, as if sasagutin ako nito.

Me: I'll buy some new kicks din kasi.

Dom: Ok.

After I read Dom's reply I head downstairs and looked for my mom.

"Ma, sa MOA na lang tayo mag lunch."

I meet with Dom and Sam at 2pm. Dom's wearing faded maong shorts, a black guess tshirt and red wedge flipflops. Sam was wearing checkered shorts and white shirt with a bow tie print. I smirked when I saw his attire, so gay.

Sam smiled when he saw me.

Dom introduce me to Sam and likewise.

"Hi." I greeted Sam in a masungit tone.

"Hi." Sam shrugged.

We roamed around the mall looking for a watch for Sam. Dom helped him pick which one he'll buy. There were some occasions that they whisper with each other then Sam will glimpse at me. That irritates the hell out of me. Titingin tingin pa e. Suntukan na lang.

"I'm done." Sam announced. "Where to na?"

Yan ba type ni Dom? Ang lamya lamya. Baka mamaya mas malakas pang sumuntok si Dom kesa kay Sam e... No, I bet my life na mas malakas pang sumuntok sa kanya si Dom.

"Let's buy Jeric's kicks. Nike?" She asked me.

"Yeah." I mumbled.

We headed to Nike, I walked in between them. Asa naman 'tong mokong na 'to na makakadikit pa sya kay Dom. Haha. I grinned.

I didn't like anything that was displayed on their shelves, di pa kasi dumadating yung mga bagong design kaya it’s either meron na ko or di ko type yung design. I just randomly picked one up.

"What are you planning to buy?" I asked Dom when we went out of Nike.

"I'll just shop next time. Kawawa ka naman e. You're been bored to death." She smiled.

"Not really." I smiled and mentally added, 'Nagenjoy din naman ako sa pagiisip kung pano ko gugulpihin yung unggoy na kasama mo.'

"Snacks?" Dom asked us.

"Sorry girl." Sam said, I froze. "My boyfriend just texted me e. We'll have a date pa and I'm excited na to give him his birthday gift. I'll bail na."

What the f?

"Sure." Dom smiled.

"I had fun. Thanks Dom." Sam waved at me. "Bye papa Jeric. Wag ka na masungit next time para makapag papicture na ko sayo."

"Uh... Bye." I managed to choke out.

When Sam was gone Dom laughed her head off.

"You thought that I was into him right?"

"Di a. I just want to buy these." I answered mentioning my new shoes.

"Weh?" Binara pa ko.

"Oo nga. Kulit." I answered, magsusungit sungitan na lang ako para tigilan nya ko.

"New flash Teng. You already got those weeks ago." She grinned. "Magsinungalin ka na sa iba wag lang sakin. I know you."

"Oo na. I was just being protective." I gave up. "You knew that all along, right?"

"Pretty much." She smiled.

"You..." Napipikon nanaman tuloy ako. Sumakit kaya paa ko kakabuntot sa kanila kanina. "Why didn't you just told me?"

"Why didn't you just asked?"

"You are so difficult." I remarked.

"So are you." Dinilaan pa ko nito. Napipikon na nga ako inaasar pa ko.

"What were you two whispering about anyway?" I curiously asked.

"Oh, that?" Dom grinned. "Sam wants to have picture with you kaya lang you look like a King Tiger, by that I meant literally. I even heard you growl."

"San mo gustong pumunta?" I asked Dom while we walk around without a destination.

"Enchanted kingdom." She joked.

"Tara." I answered without thinking about it.

"Seriously?" She laughed. With a pinagtritripan mo nanaman ako look on her face.

I took her hand and pulled her to the parking lot. When we reached the parking lot we ran to my car like children.

We got in and she strapped her seatbelt on like a good girl and smiled mischievously at me.

I smiled back with the same mischievous look on my face.

That time, it felt like nothing else mattered other than spending a crazy night with Dom.

(Erica's POV)

I read Samuel's Fb status, 'Had fun with Dom and King Tiger at MOA.'

I picked up my phone and dialed Jeric's number. No answer. I frowned as I remember a scene that I saw at my parent's wedding anniversary party.

Dom was singing and playing the piano. Jeric was sitting beside her and affectionately staring at her.

I heard some of the lyrics of the song,

‘And I will make sure to keep my distance

Say, "I love you," when you're not listening’

Is Dom in love with Jeric?

I swallowed the lump the formed in my throat.