9

QOTC
How tall are you?
AOTC
4'11

//

"Lassie! You can't be late on your second day of school sweetie!" My awesome mother shouts from outside my door.

I sat up quickly, glancing at where Xavier was laying last night. I sigh in relief when I saw no trace of Xavier being here.

I went and got a quick shower, which doesn't happen often, but having a broken wrist doesn't help. It was really difficult to wash myself. But I handled it pretty well.

"Mom!" I shout, having some difficulties put thing my pants on.

"What?" She asks coming in.

"I can't put my pants on!" I whined, stomping my feet.

She rolled her eyes, but helped me anyway. "Thank you," I smiled at her. She waved me off.

After I got my black ripped jeans on, and the spaghetti strap tank top, I pulled on a gray colored cardigan.

As soon as I was done getting ready, my mom called for breakfast. I quickly grabbed my backpack, and white converse.

"Ooh, waffles!" I grabbed three along with the whipped cream.

"Don't eat all! I want some too," my mom says grabbing one of mine. I pouted at her.

"You get two, I get two."

I grumbled, looking away.

"So," she clears her throat, "who was that boy sleeping in your room?"

I chocked on my food. She saw?! Darn it!

My mom handed me water, patting me on the back. Laughing lightly.

I glared at her.

"Hey, I'm the one that's suppose to be glaring at you."

"Sorry," I coughed again.

"Alright. Now, tell me why he was in your room."

"Uhm, last night I went downstate to get water, and when I went back up I saw him in the balcony. I didn't know it was him. But then he walked into the light, and I saw that he had bruises all over him. So I brought him inside—"

"You brought a stranger inside?" She interrupted.

"Well— no. I sort of know him."

"Okay, who is he?" She asks crossing her arms as she stand on the other side of the kitchen island.

"He was the guy who showed me around at school."

"I see—" this time I interrupted her.

"Okay. Back to the story– after I brought him inside I fixed him up, and I was really sleepy, and I went to bed. With him still in the house.." I trailed off.

"And?..."

"And, I have no idea that he was staying. The night. I remember him saying that he lived next door." The doorbell rang.

"I'll get it," my mom says.

I still need to know who were those boys that was with them. Are they brothers? Cousins? Son?— wait what?

I put away the dishes, and was pulled out of my thoughts when I heard my name.

I walked to the door, where my mom was still at.

"Xavier?" I was confused why he was here. In the morning. Before school. Oh, man.

"Lassie, Xavier wants to take you to school. Isn't that great?" She beamed.

"Yeah," I say unsure.

I looked over to my mom, "Weren't you just about to drop me off, mom?"

"Actually, I wasn't. I go a little later," she smirked, knowing that I wanted to get away from this.

"Mom!" I groaned, and stomped away.

"Go get your backpack, honey!" She shouts, and saying something to Xavier that I couldn't make out.

//

Thanks for the votes, guys!

So I've been having this crush on a guy in my school. And he recently got a gf. 🖕🏻