21

I turned off my phone, and shoved it in my back pocket.

"Mom!" I called out. Her car was out in the driveway, and I feel like there's someone else I the house

"I'm in the kitchen!"

I walked towards the kitchen, and saw my mom. But there was someone else. Wait. How did I sense that someone was in the house other than my mom.

"Mom?" She turns around, so does this mysterious guy.

"Damon?" Why is Damon here? If Xavier knows he's near me he'll hurt him. If Xavier knows he's in my house, he'll kill him!

"Oh, good. You know each other!"mom clasped her hands together.

"Mom, why is he here?" I asked.

"Why I'm I not allowed to be home, Lassie?" Damon spoke up.

"No, I didn't mean it that way—" Damon laughed.

"It's alright, sister," Damon winked at me.

"Sister? Mom, I been living with you my entire life. How did I not know about having a brother?" I asked still not believing that Damon is indeed my brother. He hit on me. My brother hit on me. Or was he trying to make Xavier jealous? That's what brothers do right? Tease.

But— why am I not informed that I have a brother?

"Lassie, you know how I told you your father left? Well it's because he was holding a secret that is very dangerous to you, and I wanted it to keep it as far as possible to you. And that made me and your father—" her voice cracked.

"Mom, you don't have to tell me this right now," I frown.

"No, I have been holding this secret inside me without telling you before. Now is the time I have to tell you. It's unfair for you to not know something that is a big part of your life."

//

🌝