Chapter 3

Lucy's POV

"You don't mind sharing a room with me do you Lucy?" I look at Erza. "I don't mind. But why with you?" Erza looks at me. "We only have six rooms. Juvia probably wont like it if you share with her. Levy and Wendy already share a room." I nod. "Ok." The others went up stairs but Natsu went outside again. "Lu-chan!" I turn and look at Levy-chan. "Hi Levy-chan!" "Do you like books?" "Yeah!" "Wanna read with me?" "Sure!" I look at Erza. "You didn't bring anything with you did you Lucy?" I shake my head. "No. Just this" I pat my hip, which had a whip. "Ok. Go read with Levy, I'll be downstairs if you need me." "Ok" I follow Levy-chan up to her room and see Gajeel, Wendy, and Romeo in it. "Long time no see." I sit on the loveseat, which was in the room. "Hi Bunny-girl." I sigh and scratch my head. "Can you explain?" Wendy nods. "Of course Lucy-san. But you wont like it." "What is it?" "Natsu-nii doesn't remember anything." I sigh. "I know"

"You know!?" I glance at Wendy. "Other Halves have a connection to each other. Like I can feel his emotions if he's having extreme emotions and his state of mind." "Cool!" I shrug at Romeo's statement. "So I knew he forgot everything. How he lost his memories, I have somewhat of an idea but it's a theory. So what are you two doing here?" I motion to Gajeel and Wendy. Gajeel shrugs. "After the explosion we got separated from everyone. We managed to find our Wards and we left. Since 'they' were after us. Found Erza and the others. So what happened to you and Salamander?" I smile sadly at his question. "Its not something I like to think about but ok"

~flash back~

We were nine years old. Natsu grabs my hand. "Come on Lucy! Lets get out of here while we can!" I nod and wipe my tears with my free hand. "Ok!" Then we hear an explosion. I whimper in surprise and Natsu growls. "Now's our chance!" I nod then we start running through the halls. "Get back here 4563a and 4563b!" I whimper at the throbbing in my head. "Ignore it Lucy! We're almost there!" I narrow my eyes when I see the bright light but then another explosion goes off. Natsu immediately covers me with his body. I widen my eyes. "Natsu!" When the stuff stops flying in the air, Natsu stops shielding me. "Natsu! I could handle it! You know that!" "I wanted to protect you anyways. Now come on!" He grabs my hand. "Get back here!" I hear someone yell. I whimper. Natsu slows down and looks around. "Here" He pushes me into a closet. "Natsu!" "I'm sorry Lucy. This is good bye for now. I'm going to drive them away while you stay here." "Natsu!" Then he knocks me out.

~Flash back end~ 

I shake my head to stop myself from growling. "My guess is that he somehow got caught or something happened. But when I came to, I was alone. No one in sight for miles." "Lucy-san" I then realize my eyes are shifting colors. I cover my eyes with the palms of my hands. "Damnit! Not again!" "What is it Lu-chan?" I shake my head. "My instincts are acting up." Then shock gathers on all of their faces. I touch the top of my head and feel ears and a tail swishing behind me. "Cat. At least it's not wolf or monkey" "Lucy-nee, how long have you been able to do that?" I shrug. "Since I was an infant. Natsu can do it too. But he cant with his current state. Do you know what Gajeel and Wendy can do?" I hear Wendy and Gajeel take sharp breaths in. "Just because you two don't know what you can do doesn't mean you can't. If you want I can help you find it." "Do you know what we can do Lucy-san?" I shrug. "More or less. Do you want to know?" I glance at Gajeel. "Yeah. But how do you know?" I feel my cat features disappear. I cross my arms and cross my legs. "Me and Natsu were the first successful experiments. But we were also most favored. We still got treated bad either way. But one of the scientists showed us what was going on with the other subjects. You two were one of them along with some others who lived."

"So what are they?" Levy-chan asks. I take a deep breath. "Gajeel can control metal and turn himself into iron. Wendy can heal and control air movements." "Can Wards do anything? They never told me or Romeo anything" I look at Levy-chan then Romeo. "You can. I'm sure Wendy and Gajeel told you the basics. You can actually control whether they use their powers or not. You will always be able to calm them down or stop their rampages no matter what. Besides" I lean back in the chair. "Wards and the experiments are bound to each other for life."