Chapter 20

Lucy's POV

I was flying back when something falls on my head. "KYA~!" 'Lucy?' Three things bounce off my head. One blue, one white, one black. I quickly dive after the things and catch them. I fly back up. 'Uh Natsu?' 'Yeah?' 'Some cats just fell from the sky.' 'WHAT!?' I look down at the cats. 'Well...more like kittens. One's blue' 'Blue? Kittens from the sky? The hell?' I shrug and fly faster. 'Anyways it'll take be about twenty minutes until I get there.' 'ok. Stay away from helicopters.' 'I know that dork.' 'Hey!' I hum a song I heard years ago as I fly back to the guild. I look down at the kittens. From the sky? Are they experiments too? Or something else? 'You're overthinking again.' Natsu points out. 'You're eavesdropping again.' I point out. 'Well its almost impossible not to.' 'true' I sigh in defeat.

I land on the ground and I walk up to the guild doors. 'open the door for me? I have my hands full of kittens.' 'sure~' The door opens and Natsu grins at me. "welcome back~" 'you so owe me cuddles later' I roll my eyes at him. "I'm back." 'Later!' He pouts. I walk in and he closes the door behind me. "Ah Lucy, your back with...are those cats?" I look up and see Makarov. "Ah yeah...Fell from the sky. I'm just going to set these guys in the back." "Yeah...you do that. Then tell me what happened" "Didn't Natsu tell you?" I shoot Natsu a look, he whistles and looks away innocently. "ugh fine."  I walk to the back room and set the cats on the bed. One of them was awake, the white one. I tilt my head as the cat meows. I transform into my cat form, with blonde cat ears and tail. "Where am I?" The cat says. I meow back at her. "Doesn't matter. You are safe here."(They are meowing instead of the human language btw)

"My name is Carla. Seeing how you can talk to me and transform you are also an experiment?" I nod. "Yes. I am. My name is Lucy. Where did you come from?" I ask her. She stretches and walks towards me. My ear twitches when I hear the door open. "As I said. We are experiments. They called us Exceeds. We can fly and understand the human language. We were flying out of there when we suddenly collapsed." My tail twitches and freezes but then sways back and forth again. "I see. So you used my distraction to escape? My number is 4563B." "ah. Yes we used your escape as a distraction. Our numbers are 89075A, 89075B, 89075C." I look up and see Natsu and Mira. I meow then blush. 'I can't talk human in this form' Natsu snickers at me and Mira giggles. I sigh then look back to the white cat. "The pink headed one is Natsu, my other half and the white haired one is Mira. Almost everyone here is an experiment." "I see...I feel safe then" I smile and my tail wags faster. "It will be nice getting to know you Carla." "Same goes with you"

The black and blue cat wakes up. As Natsu explains to Mira, I simply tilt my head when the kittens stare at me. I smile and meow at them. "My name is Lucy. I already met Carla. Can I get your names?" The black one seems braver so he walks straight up to me. "Panther Lily. Nice to meet you Lucy." I smile at him. "Cute name." "Thanks" He sits down the blue one walks up to me. "Uh. My name is Happy. Um, I love fish so do you have any fish?" I giggle and nod. "We do. I'll ask Mira to get you one." "I love you already!" I giggle as he jumps on my shoulder and rubs against my cheek. "I can see why you're named Happy. Anyways I can't stay in this form forever so I can only talk to you in dire situations or if you just want to talk." "We'll let you know when we need to talk. I told you all that's necessary." I nod at Carla. "The pinkie behind me is Natsu and the white haired lady is Mira. Mira will introduce you to everyone." "I appreciate all that you've done Lucy" I blink at Panther Lily. "No need to thank me. Besides I wasn't going to let you all fall to your deaths." 

I transform into a human again and stand up. I scratch Happy's chin. "This guy is Happy, the black one is Panther Lily but you can just call him Lily. The white one is Carla." Natsu grins. "Nice to meet ya Happy! Panther Lily, Carla!" The other two cats just meow and nod while Happy jumps on Natsu's shoulder. I lift an eyebrow and look at Mira then sigh. "Why do I get the feeling those two are going to cause trouble?" Mira simply smiles. "You aren't the only one"