Chapter 15

Lucy's POV

After flying back to the bar, Natsu turns to look at Makarov. "Is there somewhere we can sleep?" "You guys don't look tired but yeah. There's a room in the back with a bed. You can sleep there." "Ok" Natsu grabs my hand and drags me. "What's the rush?" I ask while tilting my head. "Hm~ Cuddling with Lucy~" i giggle. Then we reach the back room. Natsu tosses me on the bed. "Dont just throw me!" He rolls his eyes then crawls on me and plops down on my chest. "Hey!" He only sighs. I sigh and look at the ceiling as I run my fingers through his hair. I think back to a time back in Alvarez.

~Flash back~

"Hmph. Why do we bother feeding them? They should be above eating." "They are still mostly human. No living organizm can go without eating or drinking." "Pathetic. I'll talk to the boss about creating a living person able to stand without eating." "Yeah sure you go do that" I clutch Natsu tighter. He only hugs me closer. The man with red hair sighs as the black headed man storms away. "Here you go. I dont know why they treat you like your nothing. My name's Igneel. Why they take children from their mothers is beyond something I know but the people here are the real trash. Treating kids like nothing." I tilt my head. "Ig...neel? What is your goal here? If you dont like it, then why are you here?" I ask him. Natsu raises an eyebrow at me. "Lucy?" I look at Natsu. "He isnt a bad person. If he was, he wouldnt tell us his name." "Lucy was it? I was hired for my ablities with fire and Im a chef. My goal here is to turn this organization into ashes." I shakily stand up, despite Natsu's grumble of protest. I walk over to Igneel. "I have to tell you a secret." "Secret?" I nod. "Not even Natsu knows. I wont be telling him either." I motion him down. He crouches and I whisper in his ear. "When we do get out of here, take Natsu out of here and erase his memory." "What?" He whispers back. I smile at him and whisper in his ear again. "because he is-"

~Flash back ends~

"Whatcha thinking about Lucy?" I blink then look down at Natsu. "Hm? Oh. Just an old memory" "Hm~ Which one?" "When the first test started." I lie. "Oh. That one? We were like five right?" I nod. "Yeah. That was when we got the simple tabby cat into us." "Ha. Like I'll ever use that one." I giggle. "Who knows." He laughs and buries his face in my neck. I run my fingers through his hair and raise my other hand in the air. Then I mouth to myself. 'my beloved other half.' I ignore the tear going down my cheek. "Lucy?" "Hm?" "Its just I, What is going to happen to us now?" I quickly wipe my tear and Natsu lifts himself off me. I bury my hands in his hair. "What do you mean?" "Like. What if they find us?" I tap his nose. "They dont reconize you for some reason. They only know me." Thats half true. Igneel managed to destroy Natsu's subject file before he erased Natsu's memory. "If that happens, i'll run. We cant risk both of us getting caught." Natsu opens his mouth to protest. "If. I have an idea but I need time. But if they do find us, I'll run and lead them away from this place. Promise me you wont follow me and do anything stupid." "Fine. But you had better stay alive." I roll my eyes. "If I die you wouldnt notice because you'd be dead too" "So?" "Dork"