Chapter 23

Lucy's POV

I sigh. "What's wrong Lucy-san?" Wendy asks, from where she was hanging on from my back and in between my flapping wings. "Its nothing. Just bored." "How about a race?" "Romeo suggests from Natsu's back. Natsu brightens. "Yeah! A race!" Wendy squeaks. I sigh. "What if Romeo and Wendy fall off?" 'We could change into cheetahs.' I hear Natsu think. I roll my eyes. "What do you want to do Wendy? It's too dangerous to fly in a race so me and Natsu will change into cheetahs and run on the ground." "I-I think it'll be fun." I smile. "Alright. Lets land!" And so we do.

After changing into cheetahs, me and Natsu take off running. Romeo and Wendy screaming/ laughing on our backs. So far, I was in the lead. "No fair~!" I glance at him while grinning. "All's fair in love and war~" "Meanie!" Wendy sticks her tongue at Natsu and Romeo, who both do the same. I narrow my eyes and sniff the air. "Natsu." "Yeah." We slow to a stop. I hand Wendy to Natsu and activate my falcon form. I push them in a garage and fly in the air. "Lucy!" Natsu yells. 'Quiet! I will not risk you or the others! I'll handle this." I fly in the air. 'dammit Lucy!' 'Shush!' I fly over to a helicopter. "Why hello 4563B! Long time no see~!" I hear Kikuo say in a mic. I glare at them and cross my arms. "The fuck you want?!" "We want you~. If we can't find your other half than you'll bare my children!" 'WHY WONT THEY LET ME GO!' I hear Natsu think. I ignore him. I wrinkle my nose. "With your ugly ass? No way!" I hope Wendy and Romeo can hold Natsu back enough so I can run. 'WHAT?!' Natsu thinks. I sigh and take off at max speed in the air. "FOLLOW THAT BITCH!" Kikuo screams. A tear flows off my face and sparkles in the air.

I stop  five towns away from Fairy Tail. I stop and then transform into a turtle and fall on the helicopter's blades. The helicopter blades bend and snap then the helicopter falls out of the air. I stick my tongue at it after I form my wings again. 'Get back here!' 'Yeah, yeah' I fly back to the guild. I block Natsu out for a couple minutes so I can think privately. 'I have no choice but to do it. I'm sorry, Natsu, everyone.' I land in front of the guild. Natsu runs out and grabs my shoulders. "You idiot! How much longer are you going to do this!? Next time I'll-" I grab his scarf, pull him down and kiss him. Tears flow out of my closed eyes.

'I had fun being with you again Natsu. But if the only way we can be together is by running and unconsciously getting our friends in danger, then it wont work. I wont sacrifice anyone else just so I can be selfish and be with you. All this time, I loved you. We grew up in circumstances that we should not have been in. I will always love you Natsu. I'm sorry for this.' 'Wha-' I shove a needle in his neck and pour the liquid in him. 'Lu...cy...why?' 'I don't want to endanger you. When you wake up, you wont remember me. I wont let the others tell you about me either. I'll come back when I've crushed Alvarez. I promise.' I wrap my arms around his waist then he collapses, I don't let him fall. I drag him in the guild, tears flowing down my face.

"Everyone!" They all look at me. "I've erased Natsu's memories about me. No one and I repeat, NO ONE IS TO TELL HIM ABOUT ME! I'll be able to read his thoughts still and Natsu's fate resides on his memories of me. UNDERSTAND!" I glare at them then carry Natsu to the bed in back. I gently set him down. I hear a meow. I activate my cat form. "What is going on Lucy?" I hear Happy say. I wipe my tears. "Protecting him. Do me a favor, watch over him would you? He's everything to me." I wipe Natsu's bangs out of his eyes. I reach behind my neck and unclasp my necklace. It was a crescent moon with stars dangling below it. I put the necklace on Natsu and tuck it under his scarf. I kiss Natsu's forehead. "I love you Natsu" I whisper mostly to myself. I activate my falcon form then walk out from the back. "Lucy..." I hear Makarov say. "This is your home child. We'll wait for your return. But here." He hands me a necklace, it was attached by a black string and it was a black box with a small red dot in the middle hanging down. "what's this?" "If you're ever in need of help, tap the dot. I'll send some of my best fighters to help. The necklace sends me a signal saying where you are." I nod. "Thank you Makarov" "Anytime. Now about Natsu..." I look away. "Only I can bring his memories back. He may discover his abilities within the time I'm gone. Don't let anyone tell him anything about it and don't let anyone train him. No one can train him. He must figure out how to activate his powers himself. This is good bye for now." I run out of the guild and take to the sky.

(Most will be in Natsu's POV or Mira's for a while. I will do occasional Lucy POVs.)