Chapter 4

Lucy's POV

A day later, Erza said we need to go through stores to find clothes, food, and other supplies. So here we are, in front of a giant Walmart. "I'm going to warn you Lucy, a lot of the food has gone bad so be prepared for bad smells and try to go for the canned food." I look at Erza. "I figured." I feel eyes on me so I glance at Natsu, who was the one staring, but I say nothing. "ready?" I look at Jellal. "Yup! So how do you guys get in?" Seeing how the doors had iron bars over them. "Erza breaks the doors down. We haven't been in this store yet." I hum in response to Gray's answer. Erza smirks, walks up to the doors and literally kicks them down. I blink in response. "Huh. That's amazing Erza!" I smile at Erza, who blushes. "Its nothing. Now we're going to split up into boys and girls. Boys get the food then meet us at electronics." "Right!" Everyone cheers. The boys run in, except Jellal who sweat drops. "Must it always be a race?" I giggle. "Boys will be boys. Better get in there before you lose Jellal." He raises an eyebrow at me but I smile and wave. He rolls his eyes before walking in. I put my hands behind my head and whistle a little tune as us girls walk in. "So Lucy....Where do you come from?" I freeze then sigh. "Far from here. I do not know what it was called." "Have a last name?" I raise an eyebrow at Erza. "Heartfilia. Why? What's yours?" "Scarlet. Levy's is Mcgarden, Wendy's is Marvell, and Juvia's is Lockster."

After I try on some clothes, I put the ones that fit in a backpack we brought. I faintly hear a buzzing sound. I'm in the fitting room. Since I have animal hearing and smell, I can hear a lot better. I smell some humans, my new friends, and oil. I snap my eyes open, when they were closed while I was sniffing. I quickly put my clothes back on and slam the door open. "Lucy!?" I quickly run towards the entrance, the girls following a bit farther away. I look up at the sky and growl. There was a helicopter and people coming out of it. I forgot to put my jacket on so the mark on my right shoulder was showing. 4563B. That was burned on my skin. I glance at Wendy, who was shivering in fear. "Wendy, run inside." "Lucy-san" "Run or they'll take you too. Tell Gajeel what's going on." I whisper to her. She nods and runs inside with Levy, who she dragged. "Lucy-san, what's going on?" I glance at Juvia. "Nothing good." The men coming from the plane surround us. I glance at Erza and Juvia. "Know how to fight." "Yeah." They nod. Then a man walks forward with a clipboard and glasses.

"Experiment 4563B! Where is your Other Half!" The man says. I growl when he looks directly at me. "The hell should I know! He's been gone for ten years! Why the hell are you here and how did you find me!" I yell. I hear Juvia and Erza gasp. Just before the epidemic swept the world, the experiments that people have been trying on humans was put into the light. When the explosion went off and the experiments escaped, our code numbers was released with pictures. Saying 'If you know where they went, you will be set up for the rest of your life.' So people went nuts but that's when almost everyone died. But most of all, 4563A and 4563B were most wanted. The man chuckles and pushes his glasses up. "When you get close to your other half, a GPS was set off with your location. Now come with us along with your other half."