ii

Mia's POV:

Casually, I walk through my front door and drop my backpack by the front door.

"Mia, I swear to God you better have not just dropped your backpack by the front door. You go and take it up to your room, this is not your dumping ground." My mother's voice rings out loudly, and I mentally cringe.

Silently, I pick it up and head upstairs to my room dropping it on my bed. I take off my shoes and my feet pad against my wood floor as I check out my window. The first thing I see is the woods as they sway in the strong wind. My eyes then wander over a bit more and I gasp as I see Zayn picking up boxes and taking them into his house.

 My eyes then wander over a bit more and I gasp as I see Zayn picking up boxes and taking them into his house

Does he seriously live that close to me? Oh God.

Suddenly, he sets a box down and turns his head and looks straight at me. My eyes widen in horror and I quickly fall to the ground in embarassment.

"Mia, what was that noise?" My mom yells, and I groan.

"Nothing mom! I just dropped my textbook."

"Okay, dinner will be ready at six. Have your homework done before then. And dad will be home soon."

"Okay!" I rub my eyes as I think over my stupidity.

How could I be so careless? God, I'm such an idiot. Of course he was going to see me, it was bound to happen when I just stand at my window staring at him like a complete and utter fool.

I put on some socks and grab my homework for french out. As I start, I can't help but think of what has happened today.

My eyes snap open as I hear my mom calling my name out, "Mia, dinner is ready! And come down presentable, we have a guest joining us tonight."

"Coming, mom!" I yell back, putting my unfinished homework back in my bag.

I head downstairs and my mom groans as I walk into the kitchen. "My God, Mia. I told you to make yourself presentable. Oh, never mind that. Take this and set it on the table." My mom hands me a casserole and I walk towards the dining room and furrow my eyebrows as I hear my dad laughing loudly.

My heart drops as I see my father and Zayn having a conversation. Their heads both turn to me, and I blink several times to regain thought. "Hey, Mia. This is Zayn, our new neighbor a cross the street. Have you two met? He mentioned he goes to the same school."

"Yes, dad. We have met." I force a smile as I set the casserole down in front of my dad.

"That's great!"

My mother soon comes out with some vegetables, and she glares at me when she notices I'm sitting next to dad. "Mia, don't be so rude. Sit next to Zayn, and I'll sit next to your dad."

I roll my eyes, but move next to Zayn. As my parents talk about dinner, he turns to me and smirks. "Enjoy the view earlier?"

"Um, I was looking at the woods." I try to lie.