xxiv

Mia's POV:

-15 Days Left-

I sit in front of Zayn and pick at my fries as my stomach churns at the thought of the conversation I planned to bring up.

"Mia, darling...are you feeling alright?" He asks, looking at me worriedly.

"Oh...yes. I'm fine, thanks Zayn. I'm just...we need to talk." I murmur, looking up at his surprised eyes.

"About your message, I presume."

"...Yes. You presume correctly."

"Mia, baby...Thomas is not a demon. I still don't understand where you got that insane idea." Zayn tells me, grabbing my hand.

"Let me tell you, okay? Will you at least be open to hearing it?" I ask, staring into his brown eyes.

"Of course." He smiles, kissing my hand.

"He followed me home, I know he did. I could...I could feel it. You know? He has been watching me for awhile and he admitted to it! Zayn, he threatened me. And when I looked into his eyes after he followed me home, they were black. That's one of the biggest clues to a demon! Not only that, but then Nanook came running over and he was deathly scared of Thomas."

"What do you mean it wasn't his first time? Have you seen him around your house before?"

"Yes...I did not realize it at first, but now I know. He was the one who I saw in your house when you were gone with your...aunt...and he was looking into my window one night. I'm pretty sure he is the one who has broken into my house." I explain, looking down to avoid eye contact.

"You never told me that someone broke into my house?" He asks, confused.

I snap my eyes upward and my mouth drops open, "Oh...yeah I guess not. It never occurred to me that I should tell you. Holy shit, I am an idiot."

"Don't say that, baby. You are not an idiot. But is that all the evidence you have?"

"Yes, that's all." I admit, smiling slightly.

"There's just...just no way Thomas could be a demon. He has been my friends for years." He says, biting his lip.

"What? I thought you only met him when you moved here..."

Zayn's eyes widen, "Oh...yes. What I meant was that it feels like years since I have known him."

"Oh, okay. But even if you can't believe it, it's okay. Demons can persuade, it is one of their many powers." I give him a reassuring smile and squeeze his hand.

"Well...okay. That makes sense." He goes silent. "Are you sure about this?"

"I'm positive. And even if it does turn out he isn't the demon tormenting me...he is still a demon, and he's working for the one who is." I theorize, praying that Zayn believes me. "You believe me, right?"

"I believe you, Mia. You have never given me a reason to believe otherwise." His eyes light up.

"Does this mean..."

"Mean I'll stay away from him? Yes, of course."

I grin, leaping up and hug him, "I love you more than words can explain."

"Not as much as I love you, darling." Zayn's eyes suddenly turn dark. "Mia, promise me to be careful. These forces are not to be reckoned with."

-At School-

In math class, I pay as much attention as I can to the work in front of me. But I can't seem to, because all I can think about Harry's eyes on me at this very moment.