ix

Mia's POV:

Zayn abruptly stands up as the trees seem to sway in worry. "Are you okay?" I ask, not sure what's wrong.

Looking at me with worried eyes, he replies. "Um, yes. Everything's perfectly fine. It's just..." He seems to wrack his brain as he figures out what to say. "I totally forgot that I have to retake a test today...I'm really sorry."

I nod, "Okay. Do you need a ride?"

Looking over at the time, I see that it is 3:00 pm. School got out almost forty minutes ago. "No, I'm fine. Thank you though."

"Okay, be careful on your way there."

"I will."

"Will your teacher still be there? I mean, teachers are usually gone by now." I observe, finishing my pasta up.

"We made plans previously." He smiles, and starts gathering his things up.

"Okay. Thanks for staying over and making me pasta."

"It was my pleasure, Mia Clarke." Zayn then walks out the front door, leaving me in my own thoughts.

Since I had nothing else to do I decided it was a good time to go check up on Harry. On top of the wind, the rain starts to pour in so I try to decide quickly whether or not I should wear Zayn's jacket. Deciding to wear it, I pick it up and throw it on before heading outside.

"Honey, Harry Styles is not allowed visitors! Now leave before I call security on you." The nurse before me tells me sternly.

"But I saw him yesterday!" I try to argue, and she sighs for the tenth time.

"How did you do that?" I ask, looking up at him gratefully.

"My persuasion I was telling you about. All I have to do is say it more sternly, and they never say no."

I think back to the day that Zayn told me how he persuaded people. I think I can do that, how hard could it honestly be?

"I really don't care. I was told he wasn't allowed visitors." She rolls her eyes and looks down at her paperwork.

"Listen, I'm going to go see Harry Styles right now." I say sternly as I stare straight into her eyes.

The nurse stares at me with her lips pursed. "What the hell do you think you're doing?"

My heart drops at the fact it didn't work. And the fact I looked like an absolute fool. I'm about to turn around and leave when a doctor walks up to us, "What seems to be the problem here?"

The nurse is about to respond, but I butt in. "My friend, Harry Styles, was admitted here last night and I would like to know when I could see him."

He smiles, warmly. "Harry Styles is allowed visitors right now, actually. Sorry I thought I updated everybody about it."

I grin, "Thank you so much!" I start walking down towards the elevator when I look back at the nurse and smile fakely.

The elevator door dings, and I hurrily get off and head down to Harry's room. I enter and feel a rush of happiness as I see he's awake. "Harry, how're you feeling?"

Looking up, he looks me up and down. His eyes seem to stop on Zayn's jacket, but he looks down too quickly to tell. "I don't want you here, Mia."

My world seems to crash as I walk closer to him. "What do you mean, Harry?"

"Exactly what I said, I want you to leave."

Goosebumps find their way onto my arms as I stare at him in shock. "Is this about Zayn coming with me yesterday? Because, without him I wouldn't have been able to come see you."