v

Mia's POV:

My mom sets out the spaghetti and garlic bread then proceeds to ask Zayn what he would like to drink. "Water is fine." He replies, smiling at her.

She soon comes back out with a glass of water and insists he dishes up first. "I know I'm your guest, Mrs. Clarke, but I am an old-fashioned type of guy and believe the ladies should dish up first."

I can't help but have a wave of emotions hit me harshly. God, he was way too perfect.

This dinner the arrangement was different though. I sat by my mom and Zayn sat by my dad. I couldn't help but hope he wasn't uncomfortable.

As soon as my mom and I dished up, Zayn and my dad did. "Zayn, I am in favor of your morals, young man. Lots of boys these days don't treat woman like they deserve to be."

He looks over and smirks mischievously at my dad. "I've noticed, but I was brought up right by my father. I have been told by many I seem to come from a different era."

My mom laughs and takes a bite of her garlic bread. But I can't help but take some caution to his words, just a feeling in my gut made me do so.

I must've not been smiling, because my dad breaks me out of my thoughts. "Mia, are you okay?"

"Yeah, Mia. Are you alright?" Zayn asks, looking me right in the eye with a smirk.

"I-I'm fine," I laugh, fakely. "I was just thinking."

"Thinking can be a very dangerous thing." He replies, eyes suddenly dark.

The table goes quiet and after we are all finished, my mom heads into the kitchen and brings out a strawberry cheesecake. "Homemade, just for you."

"You shouldn't have."

"I wanted to." I tap my fingers as my mom cuts a piece for each of us.

"Would your aunt like some for home? I would think she wouldn't feel up to cooking in her state." My dad concludes, taking a small bite of cake.

"I don't see why not." He replies.

My mom makes her a plate and sets it on the table for when Zayn decides to leave. We sit at the table talking when Zayn looks at me with a hint of admiration and smiles. Unfortunately, I can't help but smile back and blush a bit.

 Unfortunately, I can't help but smile back and blush a bit

We leave my parents to talk and head into the living room. "Any possible way we could escape to your room?" He asks, looking at his lap.

"No way. That's my parents number one rule, no boys in my room." I laugh at their over-protectiveness.

"Eh, I'm sure they won't mind. Let me go ask them about it." Zayn stands up and starts walking to the kitchen.

"You're setting yourself up for failure!"