iii

Mia's POV:

I sit in second period, my mind wandering anywhere to block out the boring lesson my teacher is teaching. I always hated science, no matter how much I tried to enjoy it. I could stand math, and language arts but never science.

"Mia Clarke?" My teacher calls out, looking around the room.

"Yes?" I raise my hand, confused.

She sets her phone down, "The principal wants you down in his office, now."

My heart stops, what did I do? I don't think I did anything wrong.

"Okay." I agree, grabbing my supplies and leaving. I walk down the hall as anticipation rips at me slowly. I never have been called down to the principal's. I have no idea what he could want me for.

I walk into the administration office and the lady at the desk looks at me, "What may I help you with?"

"Um, I'm Mia Clarke. I got called down to the principal's office." I explain, hoping it was a huge mix up and I didn't actually need to be here.

"Oh, yes. Just head right in, they're waiting for you." She smiles.

I nod and nervously walk down the small hall to his door. Opening it, confusion hits me hard. Not only is the principal in here, but Zayn is also.

"Uh, hi. You called me down here?" I ask, their heads turning to me.

"Well, hello Mia. Close the door will you?" He asks.

I close the door and he motions to the seat next to Zayn. Walking over, I keep my eyes on Zayn wondering what he could possibly have to do with this.

"You don't have to be nervous, Mia. You aren't in trouble, nothing like that at all."

It feels as if a thousand weights have been lifted off of me. "That's a relief." I laugh, rubbing my shoulders anxiously. "So what am I down here for?"

"Well, Zayn's schedule has been moved around and all his classes are different. He mentioned you two are quite good friends, and we saw you had the most classes with him. We were all hoping you would be kind enough to show him around to his classes."

My jaw drops, but I recover. "I can do that, I think."

"Great! Go ahead and skip the rest of second period and show him around." He orders, and I nod.

As we leave and walk down the hall, I look over at Zayn. "How many classes do we have together?"

"Three, I believe." He shrugs. "I hope that's okay."

"Of course it's okay."

After I'm done showing Zayn around, the bell signaling second period is over rings. "You think you've got this handled?"

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure. See you soon, Mia."

"Goodbye, Zayn." I wave, making my way to french the class Niall just happens to be in.

I walk in and see Niall immediately. Sighing, I go and sit in my assigned seat right next to him. "Mia, can we please just talk?"

"About?"

"You know exactly what about."

"Okay, then talk." I agree, keeping my eyes straight forward.

"I'm your best friend, you know I would never intentionally hurt you-" He begins, but I cut him off.

"I'm stopping you right there, you did hurt me Niall. You knew it would hurt me and you still kept it from me."

"Okay, you're right and I'm sorry." I don't answer and he goes on. "I should've told you the moment I found out. It's just, you don't like guys that much and when you developed the crush on Max I couldn't stand the thought of hurting you." Tears appear in my eyes.