xxv

Mia's POV:

-8 Days Left-

On Thursday I head over to Liam's after a week of no word from him. I knock on his door and am half tempted to press my ear to his door to hear if he is home.

But before I can even do so, the door opens and reveals a disheveled Liam. He looks me up and down and then opens the door to reveal a neat home. I follow him in without any words as he leads me to his room.

After he closes his door, I then realize his messy room. I tip-toe over the papers scattered on his ground and sit on a chair near his desk. He follows me over and smiles slightly as he stares at me, "I'm sorry I didn't call."

"Yeah, what was that all about? You were worrying me. You haven't been to school...haven't answered my calls or texts. I thought you went MIA on me."

His eyes brighten, "Well you see, that's the thing Mia. I didn't answer you because I was too busy to do so."

"What were you doing...?" I ask, hugging my bag close to my chest as he grabs a huge stack of papers and scatters them on his desk.

"I was looking over town records and seeing who the demon could possibly be."

"The demon?"

"Don't play dumb, Mia. Some may be too blind to see, but you and I both know." Liam says to me, staring me straight in the eye.

"Okay." I sigh, rubbing my knuckles. "Show me what you have."

"I have a few different theories, but there's two that override the third and fourth. May I ask who your suspects are?"

"I have only two, honestly. A man named Thomas and Harry." I admit, looking down at my lap.

"Harry?" Liam snorts. "Sure, he has some evidence over him but not enough."

I glare over at him, "Then who do you suspect?"

"I too have ran into Thomas and believe him to be a demon, but maybe not the one killing. I do suspect Harry a bit, but not enough. He has done some shady stuff, but not enough." He clears his throat. "And I have almost no significant evidence, mostly just deep thought, but it also could be Louis."

"Louis?" I almost laugh out loud. "Not even."

"But isn't that the perfect cover? The lonely boy that is too shy to even ask a question to his fucking peers. Nobody would ever suspect him."

"Okay, maybe so. But still, like you said you have no evidence."

"I did say that, and I still stand by it. Just a thought." Liam shrugs.

"Well, that's only three. Who's the fourth?" I ask, picking at my nails anxiously.

"Well...you might not agree with this. But I have more than significant evidence against Zayn."

A laugh climbs up my throat, "It's not him. Let's not even go down that damn road."

He glares at me, "Tell me this Mia...isn't it funny how after he broke up with Delila she just...died. How after he comes to our fucking town, everything goes to shit. I have seen him persuade people more than once, I've seen things other people haven't. Last week, I followed him home and saw him talking on the phone to somebody."

"About what?"

"It didn't sound good. Something about getting rid of somebody soon. I would be careful, he might be speaking about you."

I stand up abruptly, "It isn't him. I promise you that."

"Sit down, Mia. I'm not done. I have photo evidence."