viii

Mia's POV:

The drive to the hospital almost seems to go on forever. The lady on the phone said he was doing fine for his condition, but that was awhile ago. What if something changed?

"Calm down, Mia." Zayn's soothing voice brings me back to reality and I look over at him and smile lovingly.

We finally arrive at the hospital, and as we enter my nerves are bundled. I walk with Zayn up to the front desk and greet the nurse with a worried look. "How may I help you?"

I am at lost for words, so Zayn takes the wheel. "We would like to see Harry Styles, please."

She looks it up on her computer, and purses her lips. "Harry Styles is not allowed visitors."

My eyes widen, "What? I got a call that said he was allowed visitors!"

"Well I don't know who would've told you that, but he's not allowed visitors."

I look over at Zayn as my lip quivers. He smiles at me and turns back to the nurse. "Listen, lady. We are going to see Harry Styles, right now."

Anxiety overcomes me as I look back and forth between him and the nurse. Her eyes seem to be a bit glazed as she nods. "You are going to see Harry Styles, right now."

"Thought you would see it my way." He smiles, not showing his teeth. "Now what room is he in?"

"Room 305, third floor."

"Thanks." He grabs my hand as we journey over to the elevator.

"How did you do that?" I ask, looking up at him gratefully.

"My persuasion I was telling you about. All I have to do is say it more sternly, and they never say no."

"Oh. This means a lot to me, Zayn. You really have no idea. I know you and Harry aren't the best of friends, and it means a ton to me that you would do this."

He just smiles, so I kiss him on the lips. Suddenly, he grabs my hips and pushes me against the elevator wall. We both hear the ding and quickly separate ourselves before walking down the hallway towards Harry's room. Looking at each other, we both smile widely before entering his room.

"Harry?" I ask, walking closer to him in the process.

He opens his eyes lazily and smiles when he see's me. "Mia, it's so good to see you again."

I laugh, "I'm so glad you're okay."

Harry's eyes widen as he looks behind me, and the smile falls off his face. "What's he doing here?"

Turning around, I see Zayn standing by the door. "He came here with me to see you."

"I d-don't want him here..." He looks up at me with wide eyes, turning his voice to a whisper. "H-He's dangerous..."

"Excuse me?" Zayn asks, appalled.

"Harry, Zayn is anything but dangerous...he's my friend." I try to explain, wondering if the drugs they gave him are making him act weirdly.

"He's...not human..." Harry mumbles, his words coming out almost incoherent.

"Harry," I laugh, slightly. "Zayn's human, I promise you."

"H-He's not from this time..."

"Okay, this is surely absurd. I am standing right here in the same time as you both. If I wasn't from this time, how the hell am I here? I would be dead." Zayn furrows his eyebrows, irritated.

"I need to go to the bathroom, but you two can talk." I tell them, leaving the room to go to the bathroom.

Is it the drugs that are making Harry act weirdly? Those things he said...they surely can't be true. Like Zayn said, he is from this time. He would be dead if he wasn't. And Zayn is not dangerous. All the time I've known him, he's been nothing but kind.