xvi

Mia's POV:

Although the dream of Zayn creeped me out, I decided not to think too much into it. It was nothing, obviously. Zayn was an amazingly nice guy and dreams mean nothing most of the time.

On another note, Halloween is only a few weeks away! I can't help but have happiness burst through me at the thought of it, it was by far one of my favorite holidays.

I walk up to Zayn and smile thoughtfully, "Hey!"

He smiles slightly, "Gorgeous!"

I instantly melt in my place. How the hell is he this perfect?

Suddenly Niall runs up to us and looks me straight in the eyes, "Twelve days, seven hours, fourty-five minutes, and nine seconds."

Before I can respond, he's gone. Zayn and I turn to each other and he gives me a look, "What the hell is he talking about this time?"

"Halloween." I laugh, grabbing his arm and pulling him farther down the halls of school.

Zayn's face scrunches up, "Ew."

I turn to him, surprised. "Ew? Are you crazy?"

He shrugs, "I just don't like it."

"Why not?"

"Bad experience."

"I see," I reply, turning forward again. "What's the experience?"

"It doesn't even matter anymore." Zayn laughs, stopping our walking and pulling me off to the side. "But it's also really creepy."

"How so?" I ask as he nuzzles his face into my arm.

"Have you heard about the clowns?" I feel him shudder. "Halloween is associated with clowns. And clowns are Satan's creation."

Laughing, I push him back. "You're a baby, you know that right?"

He pouts, "Am not."

A few hours later, we are both now sitting in our last period class. While the teacher rambles on about how we should use natural lighting for photos, Zayn turns to me. "I'll be right back."

"Where are you going?" I whisper, playing with my sweater.

"The bathroom." He replies, heading up to the teacher and getting permission to go.

As soon as he's gone, I fixate my eyes back onto my small doodles. But as I evaluate them, I feel a small buzz. Looking over, I'm surprised to see Zayn's phone.

I place my hand on his phone and hurrily place it in my pocket, planning to sneakily give it back later. I mean, maybe Zayn has some messages like the last? Maybe I can figure out what exactly their talking about? Hopefully in time for him not to notice it's gone.

My footsteps become sluggish as I walk through my front door and head up the stairs to my room. I throw open the door and my heart falls when I see all my things thrown everywhere, my drawers teared open, and my closet door thrown open with my clothes still on hangers on the floor.

Without realizing, my mom gasps from behind me. "Oh my goodness! Who could've done this?"

I open and close my mouth, unsure how to respond. Who would've done this?

"I'm going to call the police..." She rambles, running into my room and picking things up.

"Mom...please don't. It's okay, their gone."

"Mia!" She snaps, looking up at me. "Somebody just broke into our house!"

I sigh, "Please. I can't deal with anymore police."