xiv

Mia's POV:

From: Mia Clarke

How did you know?

From: Zayn Malik

Know what?

From: Mia Clarke

About me talking with Harry.

I bite on my nails cautiously as I wait for him to reply.

From: Zayn Malik

I went to your house and saw you weren't there, asked your mom and she told me you were out meeting Harry. I remembered you two weren't on the greatest of terms so I put two and two together.

From: Mia Clarke

Oh...

Sighing, I take a bite of soup and wrap my blanket around my body tighter.

From: Zayn Malik

So how did it go? Did he forgive you? Is he back to trying to get with you?

From: Mia Clarke

It went good. He did forgive me and all is well. And if he is, it doesn't matter.

While I wait for Zayn to reply, I look up the messages, hoping to figure out what language their speaking. To my luck, I figured out it is Latin. But out of everything, why Latin?

From: Thomas

Quid per eam venire?-How's it coming along?

From: Zayn

Sic tantum bonum-So far, so good

From: Thomas

Et tu fecisti eam?-Have you done it yet?

From: Zayn

Non autem primum-No, but soon...

What the hell are they even talking about? So many possibilites, but none I know for sure.

Quite overwhelmed by it all, and my energy draining, I decide to close my eyes for a quick nap.

Deep uneven breathing fills my ears and all I can see is a blurred figure above me. My vision regains and I see
Zayn lower himself down and kiss my neck.

"Prove you want me..." My breathing turns heavy and he smiles genuinely, interlocking our fingers.

" My breathing turns heavy and he smiles genuinely, interlocking our fingers

"I love you."

It was finally October and the school gave us a week off due to all of the deaths. So during this time, Zayn and I grabbed a bunch of horror movies and have decided to binge watch them to get into the spirit.