xv

Mia's POV:

As I walk down the halls of Hell, I see Zayn hurrily walk up to me. "Mia, can we talk?"

"I don't see why not." I reply, giving him a grin.

He gives me a small smile, but it's not really genuine. "Well...I would just like to apologize for yesterday. My behavior was very irrational and I shouldn't have blown up in front of you. Can we just forget about it?"

"Zayn...it wasn't irrational." I try to tell him, but he shrugs.

"Please just forget about it."

"Forget about what?" I smile sheepishly and it results in his smile widening.

Harry and I sit close to each other so nobody else can hear us. "I just...feel bad for him, you know? He doesn't deserve any of this at all. Nobody does." He purses his lips but stays quiet. "Harry, what's wrong?"

"I just don't like him, okay? No matter if his aunt died. It doesn't change my opinion of him. Can we just stop talking about him, please?"

I sigh and sag my shoulders, "I guess...I'm sorry for making you uncomfortable."

He grabs my hand and squeezes it, "Don't worry about it."

After Harry's and I very short talk, I head towards my next class but stop suddenly when I see Zayn throw his hands in the air. I step back a few
and realize there is a teacher in there talking with him. Zayn's cold stare and irritated motions don't lesson as the teacher tries to talk to him. Worried, I
hurrily run in and grab his arm. "Zayn, stop."

He turns to me, eyes dark. "Stop, Mia."

"No!" I tell him, angrily. "You will get yourself in trouble. Now come on."

As we exit the classroom, he rips his arm from my grip. "God, Mia! I don't need you to help me out all the time."

My eyes lower from his crazed ones, and I drop my hands to my sides. "I'm sorry..."

His eyes soften and he gently places a hand on my chin, lifting it up to level our gazes. "Mia, I'm sorry...I really didn't mean it. I'm just...stressed, okay? I didn't mean to snap at you. You don't deserve that."

My chest feels as if it's about to burst from his words. "Zayn, it's okay. You have the right to be stressed."

"You're too good for me..." He whispers, setting his forehead onto mine.

And when I feel a wet substance fall onto my cheek, I don't say a thing.

Niall and I sit absentmindedly on my bed as we look through our old picture book. "Damn, we are way too hot."

I laugh loudly as Niall fans himself for exaggeration. My eyes wander over the most recent photos and I can't help but smile.

 My eyes wander over the most recent photos and I can't help but smile