x

Mia's POV:

I log onto Facebook and scroll through mindlessly seeing everybody updating their status with #PrayforDelila.

They only did it because they felt bad, but in all truth, Delila was a bitch and nobody really liked her that much. I can't say that I didn't feel bad for her and her family, but I surely wasn't posting anything about it on social media.

From: Zayn Malik

Hey Mia! I am doing quite well. My aunt's doing a bit better and as far as I can see, we will be back on Thursday like we planned.

From: Mia Clarke

That's great! I'm glad you and your aunt are doing good. And good, school's quite boring without you and Harry.

My mind wanders as I think about how Harry must be doing, but I quickly avert my mind back to Zayn. I click on our messages and roll my eyes as I see that ass left me on read. Closing my laptop, I change into a warmer outfit and head outside for a walk.

 Closing my laptop, I change into a warmer outfit and head outside for a walk

As I walk, every little thought seemed to float away with the clouds. My mind was finally allowed to take a step back and forget about things like Delila and Harry.

I walk down the small path that heads straight towards the same bench I always sit on. But as I start walking towards it, my feet stop working and I'm confronted with a choice. Keep heading towards the bench, or take a small peek at Zayn's house. I stand there for a minute, contemplating. But soon, I take a deep breath and head down the small trail that leads down to Zayn's backyard.

Every step I take seems to make me more anxious as I head closer to his house. But it's okay, he's not even home right now. What do I expect to find?

I scan the perimeter of the backside of his house and let out a breath of relief when I see nothing out of the ordinary. I'm about to turn around and walk away when I see a dark figure walk past Zayn's window.

My throat closes up and I'm paralyzed with fear. It takes a few seconds before my mind registers everything. I go to walk closer, but a crow flies out, almost pushing me away. Shivers run up my back tauntingly and I walk back towards the trail. As soon as I'm away from his backyard, I try to calm my breathing down as best I can.

Who was that in Zayn's house? Did somebody break in? Should I call the police or tell Zayn?

My thoughts only make my breathing harder and my pace quickens as I go farther down the trail, hoping to get as far away as I can from his house. I look over my shoulder and my heart clenches as I see a dark hooded figure following behind me.

"Oh God..." I mumble, scared out of my mind. I start walking faster and make a round about, finding my way back to my street. I head straight upstairs and jump into my bed. I take a deep breath before closing my eyes, falling into a very needed deep sleep.