xxx

Last chapter! Don't delete story; epilogue and bonus chapter left!

Mia's POV:

My eyes flutter open as I am shaken awake by a solemn looking Zayn, "Get up, it's time."

I notice he doesn't look at me in the eyes, only at the ground.

Rubbing my eyes, I get up and follow him over to the closet where he hands me a white dress.

"You need to put this on, please."

I nod, "Okay."

My mind flickers over every memory I've ever had, and I can't help but hold onto those. All the times Niall and I would read over my old diary and laugh at how dumb I was or when we would look over our old photos and thank God we had glow-ups. The times my mom would take me out of school and sneak me to see a movie we were both dying to see...the times my dad snuck me some ice cream as a little kid, even though I was in a lot of trouble. All those memories will soon be nothing.

After I'm done getting all dressed up, Zayn leads me to the basement where I found Liam's body. In the middle of the room is a wooden table with a bowl of blood and a knife sitting on it. By it is some ropes on the ground.

My chest tightens.

I look around some more and realize the same symbol on the book and in my dream is on the walls around me. Then my eyes land on Thomas, holding a blind fold.

"Nice to meet you, again." He smirks at me, obviously enjoying this.

"Leave her alone, Thomas." Zayn glares at him, looking over the room.

Thomas rolls his eyes, "Déjà vu, eh Zayn?"

"Fuck off."

My body shakes slightly as I stare at the knife intensely.

That's how I will die.

"You know, boss won't be too happy to know that you fell in love with a mortal girl and are going against all his rules to become immortal."

"And he won't be too happy to know that you're helping me, old friend." Zayn retaliates, patting Thomas' back.

I watch Thomas' face scrunch up as he sighs, "You're no fun."

"I'm not in the damn mood."

I keep my eyes towards the floor, watching my bare feet scrunch up in anticipation.

Before I can even tell what's happening, it starts.

Thomas leads me to the wooden table and forces me to lay on it, binding my arms above my head. He then grabs the bowl and hands it to Zayn, "It's your time to shine."

He grabs the bowl reluctantly and approaches me, dipping his fingers into the bowl of crimson red blood.

"Zayn, please...you don't have to do this." I finally beg, my pleas coming out desperate.

His eyes scrunch closed but he goes on, chanting some unidentifiable words.

I cringe when he smears the blood on my face, and then my lifts my dress up and smears it onto my stomach.

"Oh God..." I mumble under my breath, closing my eyes when I notice Zayn picking up the knife. "I love you."

The pain never comes.

I open my eyes and see Zayn standing there, his hands shaking as he looks at me and the knife, "I can't do this."

My eyes flicker over to where Thomas is as he scoffs, "Of course not."

Zayn drops the knife and runs over to me, unbinding me as fast as he can, "I'm so sorry...God, I'm so sorry. You never deserved any of this."

I sit up and rub my wrists before I hurrily throw my arms around his neck, "Thank you."

Suddenly we all turn our attention to the basement door being thrown open and an angry Harry marching in, "You're dead."

"Harry, no...it's okay." I try to stop him, showing him I am okay. "You don't need to do this."

He glares at me, "I'm not doing this for you. I'm doing this for myself and the world. He needs to go."

"Get out before I rip your heart out." Thomas threatens, his eyes dangerously black.

"You don't scare me!"

Zayn puts his hands up in surrender, "I'm leaving...you'll never see me again."

"You don't get to just fucking leave. You don't get it that easy!" He screams, pointing his knife at Zayn.

"Please, Harry...I don't want to have to kill you."

"You're going to die."

Zayn crouches down and grabs his knife, "Just leave...now."

My heart drops when suddenly Harry runs at Zayn full speed, with his knife raised into the air, ready to kill.

"No!" I gasp as he is about to bring the knife down on him.

But he doesn't. It never happens.

Harry's eyes widen and he gasps for air as he drops his knife. He looks down at his stomach and suddenly notices Zayn's knife sticking out of him.

Instead of tending to Harry, he runs over to me, "Are you okay?"

"I-I'm fine, Zayn." I tell him, reassuringly.

"I didn't mean to kill him...but he left me no choice."

"I know."

Thomas steps over Harry's dead body and heads over to us, "Does this mean what I think it means?"

"What're you talking about?"

"Are you human now?"

"I don't think so..." He sighs, rubbing his eyes. "But that's okay...Mia was right. I was too blinded by the dream of becoming human and immortal..."

"I don't sense you anymore, though." He tells him, grinning.

"What are you talking about?" I ask, confused.

"Us demons can sense other demons...and I don't sense Zayn anymore..."

Zayn's eyes light up, "Holy shit...it did work."

"You're free!" Thomas grins, patting his back. "But what do we do about her? She knows too much, man."

My eyes widen, "I won't tell anybody!"

"I know you won't..." Zayn smiles at me, reassuringly.

"She might not tell anybody, but the girl obviously still loves you despite all the things you did. It's not like she can just run away with you..."

"I want to be with him." I tell them. "You know you feel the same way."

"You know what you have to do..." Thomas tells him, looking down at the ground.

Zayn's eyes widen in realization, "You're right."

Tears appear in my eyes, "I still want to be with you. I forgive you, Zayn."

"You shouldn't forgive me, Mia. What I did was unacceptable and inhumane..."

"No, Zayn! You were just confused is all."

"Mia, I'm so sorry for everything I have ever put you through. I love you so much and I never want you to forget that, okay?" He takes a deep breath. "Thank you for making me see the truth...and thank you for giving me the best time of my life here with you."

"What are you trying to say?" I ask, my lips shaking.

"I love you, Mia Clarke."
----

Ahhhhh! Holy shit. This just happened. Darkness is officially over now. This hurts me omg.

Double update for the lovely @zayn_malik___ I just couldn't resist your puppy dog face :/ 😂

Keep this book in your library for the epilogue and bonus chapter, it's not done just yet!