xii

Mia's POV:

"Zayn, he told me that if he were to tell me what happened, "he" would kill him." I sigh, rubbing my eyes. "I don't understand."

"Baby, calm down." Zayn laughs, rubbing my hands. "Maybe it's Danny?"

"Danny's missing though..."

"Yeah, wouldn't that be the perfect motive?" He grins, shaking his head.

I sigh, peering into my coffee cup. "Should I take this to the police?"

"What? No, no. Harry's been pretty drugged out recently." We both stand up and start heading towards the edge of the woods.

"Yeah, you might be right." I agree, pushing my blonde hair behind my ear.

"I always am." Zayn smirks, winking.

I'm about to laugh at his comment, but instead my eyes widen in fear as I run into Danny's dead body. Hanging from a tree.

After the police question us, I turn to Zayn. "I can't go home, my parents will surely send me away."

"You could always stay the night at my place." He offers, hugging me from behind as the cars pull away.

"Could I?" I ask, smiling slightly.

"Anything for you, my dear."

We head into Zayn's house just as the sun goes down. I turn to Zayn, licking my lips. "Where's your bathroom?"

"Oh," He smirks. "Thought you would've already known."

My heart stops at his comment referring to the time I broke in. "Um...yeah, no."

"It's just down that hall." He motions, pointing down a dark hall. "Meet me in my bedroom afterwards, I'll get you a shirt. It's just the room at the very end of the hall."

"Okay, thanks."

As soon as I'm done, I head down the hall and enter Zayn's room. He is standing in the middle of the room, scrolling through his phone. "Oh hey!'"

"Hi." I mumble, pushing my hair out of my face.

"Let me get you a shirt." Zayn says, bending down and grabbing numerous shirts from a basket. He throws many onto the bed, and I look through them. The one in particular that catches my attention is a black shirt with faded pink roses on it, a girl's shirt. Why would he have a girl shirt? "Ah, here we go."

He throws a long sleeved grey sweater at me, and I catch it hastily. "Thanks, Zayn. Hey, where's your aunt?"

"Oh, she's in the hospital at the moment."

"Oh, why?" I ask, wondering why I didn't know.

"Just to do a few tests."

"I see."

"Let's go to bed." He smiles, laying down on his bed. Instead of answering, I just lay on his chest.

My eyes snap open, and the first thing I notice is how dry my throat is. The second thing I notice is that Zayn is no longer in bed with me. I decide to head out into the kitchen, and quickly fill up a glass of water.

Anxiety runs through me as I stand alone in his dim kitchen. My eyes flicker from place to place, and my eyebrows suddenly furrow when I see Zayn talking to a hooded figure outside.

My thoughts run wild as to why Zayn is talking to this person at night. I gasp slightly when he suddenly grabs the person by the sides of their hoodie, and throws them to the ground aggressively. He gets down and presses a knee to the persons throat as they claw for air. Zayn tells them something and then stands up, turning towards the house and walking back.

I hurrily run back to the room, throwing myself under the covers. Why was Zayn fighting with that guy? Why did they meet at night when I was asleep?

My eyes droop closed as I try my best to keep them open, but like always, sleep always wins.

When I wake up, the very first thing I see is Zayn. He's wearing glasses that fit his face perfectly, making him even more cute (if that's even possible). "You wear glasses?"

His head snaps down, closing the book he was reading. "Only when I'm alone."

"You look cute with them." I yawn, sitting up.

Zayn laughs, "What do you say we leave town for the day? We could just leave and drive for awhile."

"Okay, let's do it."

We're finally on the road after Zayn stops off at a gas station and buys us various treats to eat. "Do you like trips?"

"Love them." He smiles, taking a bite of oreo. "If I could travel forever, I would."

"I would also."

"Where do you want to visit?"

"Australia." I grin, looking at his smile form.

"Why Australia?" He asks, shaking his head.

"Do you ever hear anything bad about them?"

"Well, no..."

"Exactly." I sigh, taking a sip of sprite.

"Touche."

"What are your friends and family like back in Bradford?"

"Great people." Zayn smiles. "Mum wanted nothing more then for me to be happy, and dad would always support my decisions. I had very little friends there."

"What's one of their names?" I ask, watching his eyes dance in excitement.

"Will." He looks over at me, a small smirk playing on his lips.

"What's he like?"

Zayn pulls over, letting us watch the swaying trees in the wind. "Everything a friend should be. The thing is, I never realized it until I lost him."

"Oh." I reply, watching his smile fall.

"But it doesn't even matter anymore, that was a long time ago." We sit in complete silence, before he talks again. "I realize that I think about you, a lot."

I turn my face towards his, wondering what he was going to say next. "And I began to wonder how long you've been on my mind. Then it occurred to me: the very first day I met you."

(NOT MY QUOTE; THANKS)

A small smile finds its way onto my lips, and then he leans in.

----

Lmao so this chapter is SO much shorter then my other ones, and I apologize.

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.

I know I suck. It's just that I haven't had any motivation to write, but I knew you guys deserved a chapter. So here I am (:

And also because I will not be in town from Friday-Monday. I might have wifi, I might not. Honestly, I have no freaking idea.

Thanks so much for reading this, and please make sure to vote and comment! I love you all so much!