xxii

Mia's POV:

"Hello?" I cry out, the darkness surrounding me beginning to truly frighten me. "Please, is somebody there?"

I hear movement behind me, "Please...help me." I beg, as I then hear another similar movement in front of me.

Why can't I remember why I'm here? What happened last? I was...I was on the table with those people surrounding me. But what else happened? Something else must've happened! Why can't I remember anything?

"Please!" I cry out, reaching my hands out to see if I can feel anything. But as I move forward, I feel nothing at all.

Suddenly I hear something whoosh around me, and I place a hand over my mouth to stop the gasp from escaping it. "W-Who's there?"

I feel a shuddered breath escape onto the back of my neck, "I've been watching you for awhile..."

*A Few Weeks Later*

-38 Days Left-

My breath catches in my throat as my mom shakes me awake, "Mia...it's time to go to school."

I groan and throw a pillow over my head, "Already?"

"Yes, I'm sorry Mia. But at least you get to go to school and see your friends, you know?"

"I guess, mom. Will you please make me a cup of coffee?"

She grins, "Of course. Now get your ass up, it's time to go to school."

With a cup of coffee in hand, I make my way through school with my chin up in the air

With a cup of coffee in hand, I make my way through school with my chin up in the air. My heart jumps out of my chest as I'm suddenly pulled into the janitors closet. I'm roughly pushed against the wall as somebody pushes their lips to mine.

As they do so, I finally figure out who it is when I push them back and see Zayn smiling brightly. "Hey baby, girl."

"Zayn!" I hum, going back towards him and wrap my arms around his neck. "I missed you."

"I missed you too, Mia." He breathes out, kissing me once more.

*3rd Period*

I rub my eyes in annoyance as my classmates file into French. My spirits lift as Niall suddenly walks in and sits next to me, "Miaaaaaaa."

"Nialllllll." I grin, kissing his cheek. "How was your Christmas?"

"Other then Aunt Janice bringing her crazy new boyfriend? Great."

I laugh, "Oh my God."

"Okay, class...welcome back!" My teacher welcomes us.

Nobody answers back as we all catch up with our closest friends. Niall's face suddenly goes solemn and I look back to see what he's looking at. My face hardens as I see Harry walk into class with dark circles under his eyes.