iv

Mia's POV:

As I head to school, the rain falls mindlessly onto the pavement. I wasn't looking forward to today, because Thursday meant a test in french, math, and science (lucky me). But it also meant going to  the local cafe with Harry. It honestly couldn't be that bad, a meet up-I refused to call it a date-with Harry.

He wasn't that bad of a guy, and I was interested in what he wanted from me.

I head through the front doors of school and the first person I see is Liam, "Hey Mia!"

"Hey, Liam!" I smile, waving.

As soon as I started walking down the main hall to my locker, I could tell something was wrong. The whole atmosphere of this place was just wrong. I open my locker and look over to see Eleanor approaching me.

"Hey Eleanor."

"Hey Mia! You will never guess what Harry and his friends just did." The look on her face was pure shock and a bit of excitement. Like almost every girl, Eleanor couldn't resist a bit of drama.

"And what did they do?" I ask, putting my backpack into my locker.

"You know Max? Yeah, well Harry just told everybody to avoid him at all costs and had his friend Jack spread awful rumors about him to make sure of it." She bites her lip to keep from smiling. "I wonder what Max did to piss Harry off."

Right after my chat with Eleanor, I head straight over to Harry's locker. And thanks to my luck, he is there hanging his jacket up. "Harry!" I call out, hoping to catch his attention.

He turns to me, and a smile finds its way onto his face. "Mia, how're you?"

"I'm fine. Why did you do that for me?"

"Do what?" Harry turns his back to me.

"Don't play dumb, Harry." I grab his arm, and force him to look at me.

"Okay, fine. Meet me at the cafe tonight, and I'll answer any questions you have."

I get ready for the cafe as soon as I get home. Not knowing why, my nerves were all over the place. Many things were running through my mind, wondering if I was underdressed or overdressed.

But it shouldn't bother me much anyway

But it shouldn't bother me much anyway. For starters, it was only Harry I was meeting up with. Nobody else but him, and that's not something to be nervous about.

I walk out and look at my mom who gasps. "Too much?" I cringe, not wanting to go back and pick a new outfit.

"No, no. You look absolutely beautiful, Mia." She walks over and places a kiss on my cheek. "You two have fun tonight, and be home before nine."

"Okay, mom." I respond, quickly checking the time-6:10 pm. "That'll be more then enough time."

"Okay, I love you."