xxiii

Mia's POV:

-21 Days Left-

My eyes wander over the many dresses that take up the racks in front of me. "Do you see any you like?" My mom asks, grabbing a couple off the rack and holding them up to show me.

I shake my head, "No."

She huffs, putting all of them back. "Well fine. I give up! You find yourself a dress."

Shrugging, I walk forward and look over the aray of dresses. My eyes linger over a few until my eyes can no longer leave one. I grab it and smirk at my mom, "This is the one."

"Go try it on!"

After I hurrily got the dress on, I walk out and I barely hear my mom's loud squeal as I smile widely at myself in the mirror.

My mom looks at the sales lady, "We want this one

My mom looks at the sales lady, "We want this one."

While we walk through a few more stores for my mom's amusement, I can't help but notice a crow outside. It seems to be...following me. Call me paranoid all you want! But everytime I look out a window, there it is. Watching me.

I shake my head and laugh quietly as my mom and I leave the shop and head for the food court. As my mom orders us some food, I can't help but let my mind wander off and think about everything and nothing all at once.

A gasp escapes my lips and my mind returns to reality when a boy about my age with dirty blonde hair and dark brown eyes bumps into our table. He goes to apologize but his eyes find mine and he smirks. But there is something about it that is very unnerving.

 But there is something about it that is very unnerving

"Oh, I'm sorry. I have a tendency not to watch where I go." He apologizes, picking a few things up that spilled to the ground.

"O-Oh...that is fine. Accidents happen." I reply, finally finding words.

"Yes, they do. A little too much." His brown eyes pierce my blue ones.

"Um, sure..."

"I should get going...see you on the flip side, Mia."