xxvi

Mia's POV:

-0 Days Later-

As I sit in Liam's room for the second time, I can't help but stare at the dark bags under his eyes. He rambles on about how he's closer to the truth and then stops, "Have you been taking the pills I gave you?"

"Yeah." I lie, nodding.

He squints his eyes, "You're lying to me."

"What? No I'm not!"

"Obviously you are! Your eyes aren't like mine." Liam glares, folding his arms.

"Okay," I sigh. "So what if I haven't? It doesn't matter, I mean...look at you! You're going to crash any minute, Liam. That isn't good."

"Excuse me? While you're sleeping and getting your mind tampered with, I am gathering evidence on your psycho killing boyfriend!" He hisses.

"Fuck you." I hiss, angered. "It is not Zayn!"

"I knew you were blind, but I didn't realize you were this fucking blind."

"Go. To. Hell."

"I will once your boyfriend is through with me." Liam sasses, glaring at me.

I open my mouth to say something else but close it. Furious, I stand up and grab my stuff, "I have some plans to tend to."

As soon as I get over to his bedroom door, he sighs, "They're coming to kill me. I can feel it."

Turning around, my mouth falls open. "Liam they aren't. You're paranoid."

"You don't know anything, Mia. But you'll know when they find my body tonight." He doesn't meet my eyes.

"Liam, you need to chill. You'll be fine." I smile, kissing his cheek. "I have to go now. Message me tomorrow, okay?"

"Sure." He smiles sadly.

My mom huffs as she looks over my hair as I finish up my makeup, "Is this what you wanted?"

I look up and smile, "Yes! Thanks mom."

"I feel like it isn't fancy enough..."

"What can you do? My hairs short." I laugh, finishing my lipstick. "It's perfect, okay?"

"Okay." She grins. "My baby looks like a grown woman!"

"Do you think Zayn will like it?"

"He'll love it, sweetie."

I breathe out and stand up, "I need to put my dress on. He should be here soon, make sure he gets inside?"

She agrees, "Of course."

After I squeeze myself into my dress, I bite my lip to stop the smile spreading across my lips.