Chapter 3

Edited:

I couldn't believe it. I kept snapping my hairband on my wrist to see if it was real then the elderly man who was sat next to me half asleep farted so I could confirm that it was real.

They started playing and Matty's voice was amazing it was an unusual singing voice it reminded me of the late 80's early 90's. The band was amazing they were so involved with their music and the lyrics it was like watching a film through songs.

With the rain still pouring down and it starting to become windy I thought I should probably make my way to Hannah's, but one thing kept stopping me. The way Matty would look at me while just strumming along to a song or just singing holding the mic, it was the most gorgeous thing I had ever seen in person. There was still one thing bugging me; why were they in a dirty,smelly,old pub in Manchester ?

The band had played 6 of their songs which were all amazing and just perfect.

When they had finished their last song Matty had walked over to me and said in a croaky voice "do you want a drink?"

I nodded and said "coke please, I should be leaving soon before it gets to late"

He looked at the gap between my scarf and saw my lanyard holding my college ID which gave away I was in college due to the writing on the lanyard. But he didn't seem to react and was fine with it.

He bought me glass of coke and we just sat and spoke about life and what we did for a while, until one of the band members had walked over to us "Matty I need the keys to the car to put all the stuff in" Matty pulled out keys from he's pocket and told him to "piss off" the band member laughed and said "yeah yeah , just cause your on the pull" Matty watched him walk near the door and shouted "aaah shut up George you bastard!"

I was looking at him while he shouted and he looked so fit I thought I was wanted to grab his face and kiss him right there and then. He turned around facing me again and I said "is little Matty okay ?" He laughed and nodded.

"So what do you study at college?" Matty asked bringing up the dreaded topic.

"Music and media" I smiled.

"Cool, I used to go to Lowedown college too" Matty explained pointing at my lanyard.

"That must have been a long time ago, what was the college like in the 80's?" I laughed knowing I was going to get a horrified look back.

"Well it was pretty shit- aye I see what you did there. I'm not that old, I'm only 22" he laughed.

We was in mid conversation before I received a text from Hannah asking what time would I be round , I looked at the time and realised that it was 7:30.

"I'm so sorry Matty but I have to go, I wish I could stay but I have college tomorrow"

"It's okay Lucy, well if you want to give me your number then we can keep in touch and meet up sometime." He said looked down fiddling with his hands.

"Are you asking me out on a date Matthew?" I said in a sarcastic tone.

"Depends" he said now obviously flirting.

"Depends on what?"

"If you give me your number" he smiled.

I got a napkin and wrote my number down, he was watching and smiling. I looked up and handed him the napkin.

"There you go" I said smiling and probably blushing.

I got up from the stool and made my way towards the door when Matty grabbed hold of my hand and said "can I see you tomorrow?" I looked him in the eye and said "maybe".

I left the pub feeling so hot even though it was still raining.

I got on the 192 bus to go to Hannah's house which is about 10 minutes away from here. I went to the back and found myself a seat and looked out the window, all I could think about was Matty.