Chapter 9

"Matty, Matty you in ?" We heard a deep voice say as we both looked at the door.

"Yeah I'm upstairs mate" Matty said in a loud voice. "I'll be down in a bit"he said while looking at me.

"Alright" we heard the voice echo through the house.

"You was saying..." Matty said taking hold of my hand.

"I-I like you too" I said stuttering a little.

He smiled at me, lent in and gave me a kiss on my cheek.

"MATTY!!" We heard someone yell.

"IM FUCKING COMING WAIT!!" Matty yelled back.

Matty led me downstairs and he entered the living room where one of the boys from the band was sat down on he's phone, he looked like he was in a rush to get somewhere or do something.

"Adam, what is it?"Matty said looking down at him.

Adam stood up and explained that he had a date tonight and had no clue how to deal with it as he just came out of a serious relationship.

"What do I do? what do we talk about? what if she thinks I'm boring? what if-" he stopped and realised I was in the room standing near the door.

"Hey, ain't you the girl from the pub?" he said giving me a weird look as if to say 'why are you here'.

"Oi don't be such a knob ... she's cool" he said looking back at me smiling.

"Okay then, well I guess I'll leave you two alone then I go talk to Ross about it. See ya"

"Bye" Matty said as Adam slammed the door shut.

"What did I do?" I asked Matty, I was confused why did he dislike me so much?

"Nothing he's just .. ya know going through a rough patch" Matty said as he sat down.

It was getting late and I told Hannah i would be back at hers by 8 the latest.

Matty and I spoke a long time about our friends and had a good laugh, but I got a text from Hannah saying her mum was just finishing off cooking dinner now and that I should probably get back before she starts asking questions.

"I'm sorry Matty I've gotta get going"

"What now?"

"I'm sorry I wish I could stay longer but.."

"It's alright, I guess I'll see you another time."

"Yeah ok- wait you want to see me again?" I said in surprise.

"Yeah course I told you before I like you and think your cool"

"Shut up" I said laughing.

He walked me to the door and said "goodbye".

He lent in to give me a kiss I could smell he's minty breath linger around me *buzzzzzzzzzbuzzzzzzzz... Message from Hannah banana*

"I'm sorry I should really go, I'll see you soon yeah." And with that I left.