Chapter 19

"Oh, hello dear" my mother said as she walked down the stairs.

"Hi" Matty smiled.

"Call me Sarah" my mum said reaching the bottom and shook his hand.

"Matty... do you want to come and watch transformers with me?" Tommy said pulling down on his jacket.

Matty looked at me while I laughed, but my mum stepped in

"Tommy we're having dinner now, can you go get your dad and Harry"

Tommy smiled and ran up the stairs saying that dinner was ready.

We was all sat around the table it was quite awkward but my parents tried to make Matty feel like one of the family they were cool like that but they could be really embarrassing sometimes.

While my dad was telling us about his day at work I realised Harry looking at Matty in a weird way like he was angry and scared of him at the same time.

Harry stood up in the middle of my dad talking about 'the ratings' his company had got and walked out the door into the darkness.

"what's up with Harry?" My dad said looking at my mum.

"I'll tell you later darling" my mum smiled placing her hand on top of my dads.

"So Matty what do you do?" My mum said changing the subject.

"I'm.. I'm ugh in a band" he said nervously.

"Oh, a band, what instrument do you play?" My dad asked because when he was younger he used to be in a band called 'the cold stare' he told Matty about his band experience even though it lasted for about 2 years, then he had to get a job because Harry came along.

Matty and my dad were in deep conversation about 'band stuff' while my mum and I were cleaning the dishes.

Tommy tried butting in to their conversation by talking about his favourite band 'the wiggles' so Matty started talking about them so he didn't feel left out which I thought was really sweet.

Moments later the door slammed, we all faced the front door to see Harry with a girl that had long blonde hair and a baggy jumper with acid wash jeans.

"Mum, dad, this is Tiffany" Harry said taking her hand and walking her into the kitchen where we all were.

I didn't know how my parents would react to him bringing her here so I decided to take Tommy upstairs with me and Matty to leave them to talk.

"Matty, that's a weird name" Tommy said deep in thought.

"You can call me Matt if you want Tom" Matty smiled

"Hmm, okay" Tommy smiled and gave Matty a red car as they started racing with Tommy's scalextric set, when suddenly we heard the door slam again.