Chapter 6

Time went slowly but soon enough it was nearly 4.

I left Hannah's around 3:45 and got to the pub dead on 4, I couldn't see Matty around, so I quickly went into the toilets before he came in just to check my make up and make sure I didn't look like a complete idiot.

When I walked out I looked around for Matty but I still couldn't see him.

I sat down on a table near the corner of the pub it wasn't near a window so I couldn't see if he was walking pass.

It was now 4:20 and Matty was nowhere to be seen. I kept getting weird looks from the barmaid who had nothing better to do, she looked like she was in her 50's she had short blonde hair and was wearing a blue jumper. She came out from behind the bar and walked over to me.

"You alright there?" she asked in a weird tone of voice.

"Yeah, I'm just waiting for someone" I said looking around the room.

"Oh, well you've been here for nearly 30 minutes darling , looks like you've been stood up." she said as she walked away with an evil smirk on her face.

Was she right? I was waiting for nearly 40 minutes and I've had no message from him saying he was going to be late.

I sent him a message saying:

"Hey Matty, I'm in the pub where are you?"

I sent that at 4:50.

I got no message back.

I decided I was going to wait another 10 minutes if he wasn't here then, he's loss I guess.

*message received at 5pm*

"Shit I'm so sorry Lucy, I've been with George all day he's really ill. I just left he's house, are you still at the pub? If you are can you come meet me near tesco?xx"

All I responded was "yeah" and left the pub.

I walked out the door with watery eyes and my heart felt shattered, he had a reason I know but he left me to stay in the pub for an hour waiting for him.

I made my way down to tesco in town.