Chapter 16

I saw Matty out at 8am and sat around the dining table just thinking, what have I done? Have I rushed into this? Then all of a sudden there was a knock on the door, I looked through the peep hole and saw the postman, I opened the door and signed for the package, it was a small, wide and it was for my brother Harry, seeing as in was in a small, wide box I thought he just bought Alex (his girlfriend) a necklace or something so I messaged him saying that 'there is a package for you' and he replied almost straight away saying 'ok, don't open it, I'm coming home' I was really shocked, what could it be that he has to rush home to get it?

I left the package on the table and made myself some breakfast. Harry came bursting through the door at 8:20 grabbed the package then ran upstairs, I was puzzled.

Harry came back down seconds after and stole some of my toast and ate it while walking towards the fridge

"So what were you up to last night?" Harry said while giving me a weird look

"You know the usual, tv, interent, food" I casually replied

"Cool- so, you still going out with that fatty guy"

"It's Matty and yes" I said while getting up and putting my plate in the sink.

"Mum and dad should be home soon" I said while running up the stairs.

My parents and Tommy came home at 10, Tommy came upstairs and gave me a big hug and said 'I missed you' I replied saying the same and he left my room and went into his and started playing with his toy cars.

"Lucy!!!" My dad screamed, meaning I had to go down.

"Hey" I gave them both a hug then sat down "what's up?"

"Harry mentioned to us that your boyfriend slept round last night"

Uhh what how does Harry know that, has he been stalking me since I've mentioned I have a boyfriend?

"Uh no, he did" I replied

"Well we just want you to be careful-"

"Uhh mum we don't need to talk about this, I know what's right and what's wrong and I know how to stand up for myself"

"I know darling it's just, we worry" my mum walked over and gave me a hug.

Suddenly my phone buzzed ..

**text message**

"Lucy, I'm in hospital, it's nothing serious I've just been stabbed in my side, could you bring me some food the food is gross in here. Matty xx"

Oh. My. God. What?!

"Mum, where's Harry?"

"I think his upstairs I'm not sure"

I ran upstairs and into his room that stunk of weed, he wasn't there, I checked the bathroom, he wasn't there either.

I grabbed my jacket and ran back downstairs "mum I'm going out, I'll be home soon, love you" and I walked out the front door, took a deep breathe and headed to the shop to get some biscuits, a sandwich and a bag of crisps.

Then I took the bus to the hospital.

When I got to the hospital I went to the a&e department and asked where I could find him, they showed me to a little room where I saw Matty laid on a bed, with his top off and a white bandage where the wound was, his eyes were shut and he looked so beautiful. I went over to him and held his hand and he opened his eyes "Lucy" he said smiling looking up at me, I put the bag down and gave him a hug

"Are you okay?" My voice was breaking and tears started to form in my eyes.

"I'm fine babe, it's just a little stab wound"

"Did you see who did it?"

"Nah not really, he was wearing a black hoodie and track suit bottoms, you know the usual thug"

"Oh. Where were you?"

"I was walking down town"

I gave him another hug and whispered to him "I was so worried when you messaged me, I thought, I don't know what I thought"

He just smiled at me, that gorgeous smile.

"Matty"

"Yeah babe"

" I , I think I love you"

He smiled and said "I think I love you too"